Someone finally noticed!!!

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Someone finally noticed that I have lost weight. For weeks now I have been wondering when someone would finally notice.
I was in the ladies room at work putting my contact back in and a lady that I work with came in and said
"Charlaine, have you lost weight, you look a lot smaller all over"

I just wanted to cry!! I told her I love her!! LOL

It was such a good feeling,....................finally!!!! She was so happy for me and we just started discussing how I was doing it and I told her about MFP (I tell everyone about MFP). She was saying that she is trying too so maybe we can be each others support.

Have a great day everyone. I already have!!

Memaw

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Awww!! Awsome! You know what? I'll bet anything people have noticed your weight loss and just didn't say anything. But it feels awsome when someone does notice all that hard work. :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Im usually not the all mushy crap kind of person, but doesn't that feel soooooo awesome?

Congrats on your noticability :flowerforyou:

I saw a co-worker yesterday for the first time in a few months and she looked at me and looked away, then looked back up and said "oh my god, I didn't even know that was you"

Ahh, that does feel nice. :glasses:
  • memaw66
    Options
    Im usually not the all mushy crap kind of person, but doesn't that feel soooooo awesome?

Congrats on your noticability :flowerforyou:

I saw a co-worker yesterday for the first time in a few months and she looked at me and looked away, then looked back up and said "oh my god, I didn't even know that was you"

Ahh, that does feel nice. :glasses:
    Feels fantastic!!!!!!!!
  • CMS1130
    CMS1130 Posts: 9
    Options
    awesome:flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'm always afraid to tell people they look skinnier b/c I'm wondering if they're thinking "did you think I was fat before??" Unless I know for sure they're trying ot lose weight, I try and keep the comments to myself, just in case. :ohwell:

ETA: CONGRATS though!! It feels great & you deserve it!! :bigsmile:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I'm always afraid to tell people they look skinnier b/c I'm wondering if they're thinking "did you think I was fat before??" Unless I know for sure they're trying ot lose weight, I try and keep the comments to myself, just in case. :ohwell:

You won't hurt anyone's feelings, trust me. It's not like you're going to tell someone they lost noticable weight and they're going to think like "what, I wasn't fatter before"

Everyone on here knows how much hard work it is to lose weight, I think telling people is kind of rewarding them for the hard work. Or at least, if you ever see me in person, you have my whole hearted permission to tell me how much you can tell :smokin:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Awesome !! There is nothing more inspiring than somebody commenting on your weightloss. It always makes me want to kick it up a notch!
  • memaw66
    Options

You won't hurt anyone's feelings, trust me. It's not like you're going to tell someone they lost noticable weight and they're going to think like "what, I wasn't fatter before"

Everyone on here knows how much hard work it is to lose weight, I think telling people is kind of rewarding them for the hard work. Or at least, if you ever see me in person, you have my whole hearted permission to tell me how much you can tell :smokin:
    Me too!!:laugh:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I am the same way! There are so many "foot in the mouth" opportunities out there, so I just stear clear of any possible "personal" statement or question rather than try to figure out what is ok and not ok to say.

Anyway, back to Memaw, congrats, it IS a good feeling for someone to notice. Keep up the good work!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Aww, congratulations! :flowerforyou: I know just how great that feeling is!!!
    You are doing an awesome job, keep it up! :smile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Memaw -- congrats! That is an awesome feeling. :heart:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    YAY! Getting noticed is the best feeling in the world - keep up the FANTASTIC work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Treadly
    Treadly Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement!

I have something for all men to remember; you want to make a women's day,whether it be your wife, friend, girlfriend ; acknowledge and rejoice and share her joy when the scales smile at her and she has to shop for new clothes. Also, if the scale doesn't smile at her on any particuliar day, just listen and don't give advice.
  • memaw66
    Options

I have something for all men to remember; you want to make a women's day,whether it be your wife, friend, girlfriend ; acknowledge and rejoice and share her joy when the scales smile at her and she has to shop for new clothes. Also, if the scale doesn't smile at her on any particuliar day, just listen and don't give advice.
    Very good advice. I have a friend who has lost 34lbs and I am soooo happy for her, but not happy hearing my husband say how good she looks over and over and over. He never tells me I look good. When she said "Well, yeah, but she's(meaning me) lost weight too!" He just said "Yeah, she has but not as much as she wants to lose". Not once did he say "Yeah, and she looks good, or I'm proud or nothing!" :cry: :cry: :cry: What a meanie!!! But that's okay because I feel better and I know I look better.
  • Johnnyswife
    Options

Very good advice. I have a friend who has lost 34lbs and I am soooo happy for her, but not happy hearing my husband say how good she looks over and over and over. He never tells me I look good. When she said "Well, yeah, but she's(meaning me) lost weight too!" He just said "Yeah, she has but not as much as she wants to lose". Not once did he say "Yeah, and she looks good, or I'm proud or nothing!" :cry: :cry: :cry: What a meanie!!! But that's okay because I feel better and I know I look better.
    Tell him that. He may not realize what a heel he sounds like when he says stuff like that. It is mean, but I'm sure he does not intend to hurt your feelings. Tell him that you need a cheerleader at home too. :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    Options

Tell him that. He may not realize what a heel he sounds like when he says stuff like that. It is mean, but I'm sure he does not intend to hurt your feelings. Tell him that you need a cheerleader at home too. :flowerforyou:
    If I try to say anything he just turns it around and says "There I go again I can never say anything right!" So I don't even bother any more. I know one day he will wake up and see me and be like "Whoa, she looks good!"
  • Johnnyswife
    Options

If I try to say anything he just turns it around and says "There I go again I can never say anything right!" So I don't even bother any more. I know one day he will wake up and see me and be like "Whoa, she looks good!"
    Awww!! Well from everyone here, You look great!!:flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!!!
    You guys are the greatest!!!

Memaw
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    Awesome and congrats! It's such a great feeling the 1st time someone notices, especially the people you are around daily. It's usually the hardest for them to notice :)
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    It's great that you were noticed. I love it when people tell me that they see me shrinking.

I'm sorry your hubby doesn't give you the credit you deserve. You might not be where you want to be but you're on your way and he should say nice things to you about it. My hubby doesn't tell me that he's noticed my loss much but he does tell others that I'm doing good and they tell me. That makes me feel pretty good. I hope your hubby takes notice soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!