IT'S NOT FAIR dont jump down my throat or be mean

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I am assuming your husband has more muscle than you. (higher calorie burn). What is activity level like? I also have to agree with dane.....No way you gained 9 lbs not going over calories.........I am thinking maybe you are either retaining water and/or way underestimate cals?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I know females who lose easier then many men who struggle to lose. Being fitness I've worked with husband and wives together many times and the results are 50/50. Sometimes the husband does better, sometimes the wife does.

Blame your parents for genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    you gained 9 lbs on vacation without going over your calories?!?!

sorry but that doesn't add up.

I used to fluctuate 10+ lbs depending on how much salt I ate when I was closer to 220. This isn't unusual if you're retaining water as a woman sadly. My fluctuations have gotten much less dramatic as I lost weight.
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    oh yes I know how you feel. My husband stopped drinking soda (not that he drank alot) and drop 20 lbs in 3 weeks.

Mine too!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I guess I've never thought of it as being an issue of fairness...it's just genetics and whatnot. It's not like he's losing faster to spite you. So, keep working hard and don't worry about the speed of loss.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    but girls can have an orgasm any time any where.

This.... That is truely a gift that keeps on giving! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. DH and I workout together, he doesn't watch what he eats, sometimes skips workouts, half-a$$es it a lot, and the changes you see in his body are much more substantial. But, as someone else said, this is not a contest. You're both getting healthier, and that's the important thing.

As for your weight loss, also keep in mind that our hormonal cycles influence weight fluctuations. There is probably a fairly narrow window where you will be able to accurately see your body weight. IMO, you should ditch the scale and pick up a tape instead. Use your measurements to keep track of the changes to your body.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

So can us guys...it just makes the rest of the day a little sticky. :wink:

oh really? on a bumpy bus ride, wearing slightly too tight jeans, full of kids and strangers and only have to remember to keep quiet?
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    THIS IS A VENT!

It is sooooo not fair that guys lose weight faster than girls,. Example 1 my husband. We eat simular (me usually less) and do just about the same amount of exercise (I'm heavier so I burn more) I've been Lost 12 lbs.. gained 9 back over vacation (even thou I counted and didnt go over.. he ate crap ... 1.5 box of snack cakes in 2 days) i've lost 7 of it now im yoyoing between 7 and 9 lost.. mean while my husband's number keeps going down(YAY FOR HIM seriously im happy for him) everytime he logs a weigh in and has a loss... I want to cry because my stupid number is going up or has stalled out.. and whats more frusterating about this... is he only doing this because I asked him to for some more support. I sit here typing this tears rolling down my face.. I want to get up and scream IT'S NOT FAIR DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT!!!

end rant
    its because we have more muscle mass.. build more muscle mass and weight loss will become much easier, and NO you wont look like a man by lifting heavy weights.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    It used to be the same in my house too and it used to make me so jealous...but now it's changed!!!

He is lifing heavy and not losing as fast due to the changes in his body and I am yay!!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I don't have anyone to compare myself to, or compete with...
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Men are faster at everything.

You should see me in the bedroom.
  • Revenga1980
    Revenga1980 Posts: 63
    Options
    I know it sucks, but remember you're in this for you :) Even though he loses weight faster don't compare yourself you're still making lifestyle changes for the better and if you keep at it you will feel great too. The important thing is to do this for you and not for anyone else. Concentrate soley on your own goals otherwise you will become depressed and lose motivation. Stop for a second and consider how many goals you've accomplished already and give yourself a pat on the back. It's not easy to make these changes but you have the courage and motivation to do it that right there is a sucess in and of itself. We here at MFP give you a giant pat on the back a congratulations on your goals already achieved and also support for you to achieve your future goals. No matter what DON'T GIVE up!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    and multiples...the joy of being a lady!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Men are faster at everything.

You should see me in the bedroom.

:laugh:
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Vent, get it out and get back to it. USE EACH OTHER AS MOTIVATION. He lost 2 pounds this week? Kick his *kitten* next week and try to match it and do more. Use your anger in the gym!

Exactly!

And ignore the condescending @holes with less constructive comments.
  • mlbrowninsc
    mlbrowninsc Posts: 22
    Options
    If it helps any, my wife is ahead of me this week by 2 lbs! and we do almost exactly the same routine. Keep at it; it will come off if you keep working!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Three years ago, my husband had about 30 pounds to lose, I had about 40. He quit eating dessert for a few weeks and dropped all 30 pounds. Here I am three years later stuck at about 25 pounds lost (I lost some before joining MFP) and can't get the scale to move, despite the fact that I now count my calories, go to the gym four or five days a week, do cardio and weight training there, and ride bikes with my kids after supper most evenings. My husband has never set foot in a gym OR counted calories and he doesn't even own a bike.

It sucks.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I had to "unfriend" my fiancee on MFP because everytime I saw a loss - I got pi$$y. I was pround of him and happy for him - but I was totally jealous I wasn't/couldn't lose like he was. And I was the more diligent one with tracking and working out. I'm a much happier person now (and so is he).
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Vent, get it out and get back to it. USE EACH OTHER AS MOTIVATION. He lost 2 pounds this week? Kick his *kitten* next week and try to match it and do more. Use your anger in the gym!

Exactly!

And ignore the condescending @holes with less constructive comments.

I have been.. though couple I wanted to comment a back to... "this is the MEAN I was talking about WAY TO BE A JERK".... notice most of the JERKY comments on this have been from men... because they don't understand