IT'S NOT FAIR dont jump down my throat or be mean

Options

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Vent, get it out and get back to it. USE EACH OTHER AS MOTIVATION. He lost 2 pounds this week? Kick his *kitten* next week and try to match it and do more. Use your anger in the gym!

Exactly!

And ignore the condescending @holes with less constructive comments.

Agreed! Don't focus on what he's doing - and ignore the @holes here. (Why do I continue to be surprised at the snarkiness here? Some people love to be rude on a computer screen.) Remember you are doing this for YOUR body. Your body will love and appreciate it and catch up. Hang in there.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If it helps any, my wife is ahead of me this week by 2 lbs! and we do almost exactly the same routine. Keep at it; it will come off if you keep working!

thank you for not being a jerk in your comment
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think it's a fair trade for not having to live in constant fear of a hit to the 'nads.

Seriously. I don't know how guys manage those things.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If it helps any, my wife is ahead of me this week by 2 lbs! and we do almost exactly the same routine. Keep at it; it will come off if you keep working!

thank you for not being a jerk in your comment

I wasn't a jerk in my comment but you haven't responded to me yet.....
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    ITS SO NOT FAIR YOU GET THE BEWBS!

Jesus...so tired of these posts. Seriously. Accept that your journey is YOUR Journey. Drive with focus to YOUR achievement.

If numbers mean that much to you, take the focus off of pounds, and put it into the amount of body fat % lost. That takes and "advantage" you believe men have out of the equation.
  • ttaylor68913
    Options
    I think it's a fair trade for not having to live in constant fear of a hit to the 'nads.

Seriously. I don't know how guys manage those things.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Fair or not, men and women are different. They have their advantages, one being easier weight loss, we have ours, one being a longer life expentancy. :tongue:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you, but life isn't fair. End. Of. Story. My husband is tall and lanky. He can eat "whatever he wants" without worrying about gaining weight (this doesn't mean he'd be healthy, we're just talking weight). He actually loses weight sitting on his *** and eating junk food (of course it's all muscle he loses, so there is some balance). That's just life. I know what I have to do to lose or maintain my weight, and when what I'm doing isn't working, I do research and figure out something new to try. Personally, I find this to be considerably more productive than ruminating on my husband's (or anyone's) real or perceived biological advantage.
  • ttaylor68913
    Options
    I am assuming your husband has more muscle than you. (higher calorie burn). What is activity level like? I also have to agree with dane.....No way you gained 9 lbs not going over calories.........I am thinking maybe you are either retaining water and/or way underestimate cals?

Actually I think i have more muscle than he does.. I've worked on my dad's farm most of my life. haybales(55-60 lbs) 50 lb feed bags etcs that i Hall around all the time. and lug my 4 year old (48 lbs)around with me and i chase kids all day

We both walk ( or try to) an hr every night(this is and his thrusday at work where he walks for 90 min carrying stacks of news paper is about the extent of it for him), I do zumba dvd's and on the wii(while he sits and works on a latch hook rug). I go to the fitness center and do stationary bikes for 45min to an hour 2-3 times a week. do wii boxing(sweat pouring )

As for the vacation. I was retaining water.. when we left i was 364 (sw376.. dont judge ) when we got home i was 373. but my water intake was WAY down because we were in the car a lot and i didnt want to stop every 30 min to potty) I went over by like 300 1 day (i scan all the labels or put in the highest cal amount for everything i eat and estimate bigger portions.. and had 2 or 3 days where our burns (a 6 hr walk in a zoo and 2 days swimming for an hr) were 1000 or better.. we've been home for 2 weeks and I'm still at 367:(

again thank you for not being a jerk
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad; just find what works for you and do that. What your husband is doing just happens to work for him. It's not a matter of fairness at all, just differences.

Personally, my boyfriend and I are the opposite. I'm losing weight rapidly and easily while he struggles. He's getting jealous of the results I see from strength training because even with his very heavy lifting, he doesn't see it as quickly or dramatically (though I have to keep pointing out all the changes he seems to skip over). Finally, I just told him I'd take over and make a plan for him since his wasn't working out; he's been a little skeptical but it's starting to work.

Basically, just do what works and change what doesn't. That's all you can do. And if you're happy for your husband's success, he'll probably be happy for yours! Just keep going; you'll get there. :smile:
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    It's not all men....my hubby gains weight quick and loses it slow. Poor guy
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Would you mind opening up your diary? Id be glad to take a look.....What is your protein intake like? How many calories are you eating per day? How much fat? Do you strength train? Have a gym membership? What kind of losses are you seeing? I can't help with him losing faster than you but unless you are losing 1-2 lbs per week I believe I can help you lose more if you are willing to let me.
    I am assuming your husband has more muscle than you. (higher calorie burn). What is activity level like? I also have to agree with dane.....No way you gained 9 lbs not going over calories.........I am thinking maybe you are either retaining water and/or way underestimate cals?

Actually I think i have more muscle than he does.. I've worked on my dad's farm most of my life. haybales(55-60 lbs) 50 lb feed bags etcs that i Hall around all the time. and lug my 4 year old (48 lbs)around with me and i chase kids all day

We both walk ( or try to) an hr every night(this is and his thrusday at work where he walks for 90 min carrying stacks of news paper is about the extent of it for him), I do zumba dvd's and on the wii(while he sits and works on a latch hook rug). I go to the fitness center and do stationary bikes for 45min to an hour 2-3 times a week. do wii boxing(sweat pouring )

As for the vacation. I was retaining water.. when we left i was 364 (sw376.. dont judge ) when we got home i was 373. but my water intake was WAY down because we were in the car a lot and i didnt want to stop every 30 min to potty) I went over by like 300 1 day (i scan all the labels or put in the highest cal amount for everything i eat and estimate bigger portions.. and had 2 or 3 days where our burns (a 6 hr walk in a zoo and 2 days swimming for an hr) were 1000 or better.. we've been home for 2 weeks and I'm still at 367:(

again thank you for not being a jerk
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    gained 9 back over vacation (even thou I counted and didnt go over..
    I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. I am wondering, though, due to this statement, if maybe you aren't logging very accurately. Could that be part of your problem?
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I blame genetics totally. One of my brothers is adopted and was always toned, with a six pack without ever working out a day in his life, NO LIE! NEVER saw him do anything to maintain, he's just naturally tall and thin. It's creeping up on him as he gets older, but his birth mother is still thin into her 50s and I think he will be too. Genetics is not destiny, but it's a big *kitten* bully that you have to fight to get where you want to be. :grumble:
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    but girls can have an orgasm any time any where.

And multiples that is best part of being a girl. LOL I get anywhere from three to five he gets just one. :smokin:
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You should be more upset that in 2012, men still earn, on average, 15 to 20% more than their female counterparts.

No go drink some wine and chill out.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean. Really. I went on a raw food diet to get healthier and lose weight- started at 161, my husband did it for 5 days and he lost 7 lbs. At the end of 9 days I weighed 169. I was walking for exercise and doing yoga the whole time. I gained 8 lbs. I quit, right then and there. I ate grilled chicken for a week, I was craving meat so bad. I had to get my internal hormone/endocrine system under control before my metabolism kicked in. I am now happy to say it has, finally. I believe this to be true because I go poop 2-3x a day now, when before it was like once a day at best... and I am losing weight now. I wish you the best. Try not to smother your husband in his sleep... haha I know how heartbreaking it is, but you can do it. I did. You can. 8)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Life isnt fair

True story.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    rainbow-clouds.jpg
  • ttaylor68913
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'm more mad that I'm not losing tHan at him for losing. I am very proud of him and will figure something out.I need to find my tape and redo meausrements. Thanks for letting me vent and for offe
    ring support:flowerforyou: