Treadmill

Options
Hi All,

Help! I have been dieting for over a month and lost 12 lbs. Now that I have been using my new treadmill on the weightloss cycle I am at a stand still for the past 2 weeks and even gained 2 lbs. When will the weight loss start again?

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Your diary is private, so it's impossible to say.

You've started exercise, which is excellent!

Drinking plenty of water? Eating as per the recommendations of the site (including carbs, fat, proteins, and calories, and including exercise calories in that intake)? How much are you trying to lose? How aggressively did you set your goals?
  • Jamie0529
    Jamie0529 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been on the protien diet since middle of march and lost 12 lbs. I have been using the treadmill for past 2 weeks for 30 minutes everyday on the weight loss section. Trying to lose another 48 lbs.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've been on the protien diet since middle of march and lost 12 lbs. I have been using the treadmill for past 2 weeks for 30 minutes everyday on the weight loss section. Trying to lose another 48 lbs.
    What is the protein diet?
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    Eat only Meat, Veggies, Eggs, and hard cheese
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    LCHF diet it's called really, got it from Diet doctor website. I actually did this diet many years ago and lost 40 lbs.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Please open your diary.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Need more info... your diary is closed, and your current weight and target are unknown.

But generally speaking, 12 lbs in a month is a huge and rapid loss. It's only normal for it to slow down to 1-2 lbs per week. But if you're 300 lbs or something, you may be able to sustain a faster loss for longer.

When you start working out, it's very typical to put on some water weight, as the muscles surround themselves with water to help them repair.

I think everything sounds quite normal here. I'm a little skeptical on this diet. Are you content with it? Can you continue this way until you die? If so, then great. If not, then time to transition into something more balanced.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Eat only Meat, Veggies, Eggs, and hard cheese
    Ah, got it. Your loss probably slowed because when you cut out carbs you lost a lot of water weight. So think: you lost some "real" weight and some water weight. Now that part has stopped and you'll likely lose slower.

Were you eating all the veggies they suggest? (I'm glad it at least includes veggies!). I don't know much about that sort of diet, really the only one I know anything about is south beach, because I used it as a guide (healthy grains, vegetables, fruits, lean meats, lower fat dairy...)
  • Rockinkisschik
    Options
    Its possible the weight gain you are seeing is muscle mass & not fat. Don't be too concerned about it. Muscle weighs more so if you start working out more frequently than you are used too that may be what you are seeing. Keep up the good work & don't get discouraged too easily.:smile:
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Try doing intervals on the treadmill...HIIT. 2-3 mins at slow pace, then 2-3 mins at medium pace, then 2-3 mins at a fast pace and then start again for 30-45 mins or more.
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    Diet is ok, and I don't have cravings for sweets or breads anymore since I've been on this diet, and they were my biggest downfall. I was thinking about maybe adding yogurt if I can tolorate the taste. Don't want to go back to having cravings for foods I don't need.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Its possible the weight gain you are seeing is muscle mass & not fat. Don't be too concerned about it. Muscle weighs more so if you start working out more frequently than you are used too that may be what you are seeing. Keep up the good work & don't get discouraged too easily.:smile:
    Not "muscle mass" after 2 weeks on a treadmill. Likely water stabilization, and water for muscle repair.
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    I do the weight loss cycle on my treadmill. Which starts out at 2.0 for a few minutes then gradially goes up to 3.5 with the automatic incline. It's stays at 3.5 for a good 15-20 minutes. I also add some upper exercises with the 1lb weights in the slower paces.
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    I haven't added any foods to my diary except for today. But it should be open now.
  • courtney3988
    courtney3988 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the treadmill as well. But i am currently maintain It is because i am burning more i eat. Maybe that is what is happening to you. Maybe you could try cutting back depending on how long you do it maybe cut back the time. Keep up the good work don't get discouraged you can do it. : )
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I haven't added any foods to my diary except for today. But it should be open now.
    Is that ALL you ate/are going to eat today?
  • thepanttherlady
    Options
    Not "muscle mass" after 2 weeks on a treadmill. Likely water stabilization, and water for muscle repair.

And muscles don't weigh more than fat. :)
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    No I will probably have a Salad for supper with meat and cheeses.
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    Thanks! I don't know if I should change my diet and consume less calories??? I've been at the same weight for 2 weeks and I was losing 2 lbs a week. I want to start losing again to keep up the momentum.
  • thepanttherlady
    Options
    Meats and cheeses can be high in sodium.

Unfortunately, without an accurate log to look at, it would be difficult for anyone to offer educated advise. I'm wondering how you know the amount of calories you're consuming vs. burning if you don't log?