Treadmill

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm positive that it has more to do with your diet than the treadmill, but I can't see your diary
  • Jamie0529
    Jamie0529 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I haven't been active for a while. Started back up today so I can track my calorie intake. The diet I've been on said you didn't have to worry about calories, just eat only the foods on the list.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because when you started working out on the treadmill you didn't eat your calories back that you burned. How many calories are you eating and how many calories are you burning. I don' t eat my exercise calories back because I'm only walking for 25 minutes and only burning 62 calories so I don't eat those back. But if your burning a lot of calories that might be your problem.

If you get tired of the diet thing your doing you might try eating everything in moderation. That is what I love about this, weight loss is all about the calories. I eat what I want but in moderation.

Hope it works out for you
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't know if I should change my diet and consume less calories??? I've been at the same weight for 2 weeks and I was losing 2 lbs a week. I want to start losing again to keep up the momentum.
    Unless you're consuming something like 2000 calories? I'm saying no.

do this: (ignore the body fat part, unless you know).

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

what does it say?
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I haven't been active for a while. Started back up today so I can track my calorie intake. The diet I've been on said you didn't have to worry about calories, just eat only the foods on the list.

If your intake is more than your output, you won't lose.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

That's not good advice. Cheese especially adds up calories extremely quickly.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Fad diets don't work for longterm goals!
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    I usually burn 195 calories on my treadmill every day. But I haven't been counting my calories.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

Regardless of what you're eating, if you're eating too many calories you will not lose/gain weight, even if it's all spinach and lettuce, lol. Really being careful, thorough, and honest with your logging should at least help you to see if you might actually be eating too much.
  • peuglow
    Options
    I usually burn 195 calories on my treadmill every day. But I haven't been counting my calories.

You need to log. Every day.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

That's not good advice. Cheese especially adds up calories extremely quickly.

Oh yeah, cheese is killer! Something around 100 cals for a cubic inch piece of it or something like that. It's so darn tasty though!
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    It says to eat 1590
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

That's a lot of nonsense. In the end, it all comes down to calories in/calories out.

You need to think of this less as a "diet" you go on, or a short term solution, and think of it as the way you're going to live for the rest of your life. If you cannot live this way, long-term, you're less likely to be successful in keeping your weight off. You may want to start by figuring out your BMR/TDEE, and then figuring out how to eat those calories within the restrictions your diet has set out for you.
  • peuglow
    Options
    Just looking at what you have eaten today, you aren't eating enough. 5 mozzerella sticks is not a lunch, try to add complex carbs, vegetables, and water to your foods.
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    I guess I need to cut out the cheese. And I love cheese....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It says to eat 1590

So eat 1590.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to cut out the cheese. And I love cheese....

I give up here.
  • peuglow
    Options
    Of course you love cheese, everyone does. It's yummy because it's high in fat!

Moderation is critical, eating a wider variety of foods will allow you to eat more in quantity and will keep you more full, longer.
  • Jamie0529
    Options
    I usually have cucumbers, vienna sausage and cottage cheese during my lunch. Or a different type of meat. Today I splurged and had Moz. sticks. I usually have veggies with my lunch and dinner.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It says to eat 1590

:-)

That's about what I eat a day. Or so.