Poop on my lawn

Options
1235»

Replies

• kjhladky
    kjhladky Posts: 1
    Options
    Kicking a dog is bad. But throwing poop on a person is not!!! You are a sicko. I like that in a person!!! :-)
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    Okay, can anyone read Japanese? I really need to know what this sign says.

japandogs1.jpg

The sign is asking dog owners to take home their dogs poo. But they use the word "Tsureru" [連れる[つれる]] which is usually used when you bring a living person or thing somewhere.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I once had someone let their dog crap on my lawn as I was sitting in the kitchen, seeing this. I called out the window to the girl who looked up then got her dog to leave, in a hurry. I went outside, picked up the crap and followed her to her house and threw the bag at her (tied and closed, I'm not that mean lol) and said next time I'd call the cops. Hasn't happened since.

I heart you! Seriously, I ask them if they need a bag when I see it and will go get one for them. When I walk my dogs I always have poop bags attached to the leash. There is just NO EXCUSE for it!
  • eprissel
    eprissel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would go pick all of it up and set a nice mine field in front of every door of their house.
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    How about "Smile for the camera. All poop will be returned to owner. All videos will be posted on Youtube."
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My dog has tummy problems. When I walk him, he squats, but nothing comes out. I carry baggies and pretend to pick up poop when he's finished because I want to avoid any problems or accusations from neighbors. I feel stupid doing it, but it has worked so far.

I've done this too! ha ha!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies, but when I bought my first house, and had a problem with my next door neighbour's dogs crapping all over my front lawn, my Grandmother scooped it all up and placed it right in front of their door, so they'd tread on it when they stepped out.

She also said, knowing they were home, and could hear - "Well my dear, if that doesn't work, it can only be considered fair to return any further excrement to them through their letter box".

Strangely enough, their dogs never strayed or crapped on my front garden after that day. I miss my Gran, she was amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies, but when I bought my first house, and had a problem with my next door neighbour's dogs crapping all over my front lawn, my Grandmother scooped it all up and placed it right in front of their door, so they'd tread on it when they stepped out.

She also said, knowing they were home, and could hear - "Well my dear, if that doesn't work, it can only be considered fair to return any further excrement to them through their letter box".

Strangely enough, their dogs never strayed or crapped on my front garden after that day. I miss my Gran, she was amazing. :flowerforyou:

^^^^^^ This^^^^^^
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kat51313
    Kat51313 Posts: 18
    Options
    pick it up and leave it in their mail box with a little note tied to a stick hanging out the top like a flag - "you left this behind, thought you'd like it back!"
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You could always get your own dog, and she could eat the other dog's poop. Mine loves to do that.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I had neighbors that let their dog run free...so their dog would poop in my yard.

the kid also would play in our yard and leave his sports equipment all over the lawn, so one day, I found a baseball helmet, and proceeded to collect all of his dog's poop in the baseball helmet. Then I left the poop filled helmet on their doorstep.

They kept their dog and sports equipment in their yard after that.

now I would probably leave the dog poop UNDER the offending person's doormat...they would *smell* dog poop, but not know where it was coming from. :laugh:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had neighbors that let their dog run free...so their dog would poop in my yard.

the kid also would play in our yard and leave his sports equipment all over the lawn, so one day, I found a baseball helmet, and proceeded to collect all of his dog's poop in the baseball helmet. Then I left the poop filled helmet on their doorstep.

They kept their dog and sports equipment in their yard after that.

now I would probably leave the dog poop UNDER the offending person's doormat...they would *smell* dog poop, but not know where it was coming from. :laugh:

Best answer ever! I could never do something like that to someone, but I love it anyway! lol
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I once had someone let their dog crap on my lawn as I was sitting in the kitchen, seeing this. I called out the window to the girl who looked up then got her dog to leave, in a hurry. I went outside, picked up the crap and followed her to her house and threw the bag at her (tied and closed, I'm not that mean lol) and said next time I'd call the cops. Hasn't happened since.

I heart you! Seriously, I ask them if they need a bag when I see it and will go get one for them. When I walk my dogs I always have poop bags attached to the leash. There is just NO EXCUSE for it!

Somebody was leaving little black bags full of dog poo around our neighbourhood. They would be left on lawns, the end of driveways..........caught my neighbour RED HANDED dropping one of these bags at the corner of our large yard and quickly walking away. She didn't see me so I reported it to her husband. Never saw any little black bags dotting people's lawns again. I didn't want to confront her myself because she is looney.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    When I first moved to Oregon, I had a condo. No front yard. Just parking and a long strip of Ivy. This old guy used to pull up in his car and take his little dog out. The dog would trot over to the Ivy, *kitten* and then run back to the car. The guy would open the car door, let the dog in. Close the door and drive away. Happened every night.

Took about two weeks and I had had enough. I sat by the windo and waited one night. He pulled up and was in the process of letting his dog out when I came out the front. Briskly and with purpose. I informed him that if that dog *kitten* in the Ivy I was going to rub his nose in it. Not the dog's. His!

He gathered up his dog and left. He never returned.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    There's signs up round my town saying 'There's no such thing as the dog poop fairy. Scoop it, bag it & dispose of it at home!' With a nice big pic of a fairy holding her nose.:laugh:

Can't say it's worked, but it raises a smile.
  • javajunki
    javajunki Posts: 32
    Options
    Our newly elected city council member let her dog 'go' in our yard and walked off. She got an e-mail explaining we saw and if it wasn't gone by Monday morning it would be picked up and presented to her at Monday evening's city council meeting. It was gone the next morning, and never had another 'issue' again.