Changing tastebuds?

Replies

• Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Dr. Pepper.
  • tamnih20
    tamnih20 Posts: 47 Member
    cokes!!! gave them up january 1st!

one day at Dairy Queen I accidentally took a sip of my sons .. it was horribly sweet and tasted gross!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    I eat a whole lot less pasta and cheese than what I used to, a lot more protein, and I am transitioning to veganism from vegetarianism - so my diet has changed quite a bit!
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Food loaded with grease & sugar. Soda, french fries, fast food, processed food. I literally can not eat it without feeling DISGUSTINGLY ill, and I've only been at this for 2 months. Things do change!
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Super sweet foods, but especially in yogurt. Now that I've switched to fat free greek yogurt, if I eat something like Dannon or Yoplait normal yogurt, it's way too sweet.

Grease makes me feel gross too.
  • Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Coke and chicken. I do know where the chicken aversion came from but I haven't had any since last august. It just tastes sweet. Ick.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Definitely soda. I used to love Sunkist, grape soda, Coke, etc. Can't stand any of it now. I had a Coke zero about a month ago as a treat to myself, but it wasn't very good at all. I miss it sometimes, but don't like it anymore, thankfully.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    I was never a soda drinker. As for pasta, I have switched to eating whole wheat pasta, or gluten free pasta that is vegetable based. I don't crave regular pasta anymore either.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    soda. i used to drink at least 2 per day. i haven't had it in so long, had one sip, and it was so sweet, i nearly threw-up! :huh:
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Sodas, regular or diet. None of it tastes good to me anymore.

However, I would still eat any of the greasy fast food I used to love, as well as the sweets... I don't know if they'll ever taste bad to me.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    I am finding that I can actually taste the sweet, salt or grease in a food now. Can't stand anything with grease, and if something is too salty or too sweet, I eat very little if any of it.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    try roasted carrots they are awesome!

oooh I didn't think of that!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,318 Member
    Potato Chips

Please PM me with your method for not liking these anymore :ohwell:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 995 Member
    Pizza and garlic bread! In the 125 days im on mfp I've had pizza once, before mfp I had it every weekend. I haven't been craving it at all.
  • mfost50
    mfost50 Posts: 75 Member
    McDonalds. Although I could stomach it, it's just that since I haven't eaten it in for over a month or so, I find the taste of the fries slightly unappealing but since I haven't eaten much since this morning and my headaches appeared from the lack of hunger, I only ate it to fuel my stomach even if it is not healthy for me.

Plus whenever there is a party or a celebration to go to, I find the soda to be too fizzy and sweet at times but managed since I still like it to a point. Especially Sprite and orange soda.

However, I would still eat/drink them, only for once in a while. :)
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Yes, a lot of the sweet stuff doesn't taste good to me anymore and i find myself craving carrots, sweet potatoes, fish, nuts and thinks like that instead of junk. I also crave more salty foods than sweet, which before I was always craving sweets.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Hamburgers. I used to love them. All kinds: Burger King, home made, or restaurant gourmet. After watching Food Inc, I was horrified at how cattle are so cruelly treated, not just at slaughter, but for a gruesome three months in the feed lot. I wept, and truly felt God was weeping with me.

After this, I made only grass fed, humanely raised beef burgers. 9 months later, I became vegan and gave them up altogether. I felt so strongly about my vegan commitment that I never really missed them. When the family eats hamburgers now, I eat the pickles, red onion, lettuce and tomato with a little ketchup and mustard over the top. Yum! But the thought of putting ground beef in my mouth is disgusting now.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Totally random, but mine is mustard and processed cheese. Both are way too salty for my taste now.

Same here. It seems like many condiments and most processed foods taste too salty for me now.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Greasy foods. Sweet drinks. Rice. Pasta. Bread (switched to whole wheat long ago, but I don't even like that now). Yogurt.

I still like sweet desserts, but they make me sick most times.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    I had a vendor hotdog a couple weeks ago and I didn't enjoy it at all! I used to LOVE them!

Also, chicken fingers/french fries

Still working on fried fish and jamaican beef patties, don't think I will ever give the beef patties up but I don't have them very often.