Lost my keyless car key while running

Replies

• ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    I purposely only buy running shorts with pockets and drawstrings. This way I can carry my phone or ipod in my pocket and I tie my key fob to the shorts drawstring and tuck it away. I realize shorts with pockets and drawstrings are harder to come by for women.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    So...there are those 'shoe fanny packs' that people have suggested or an acutal fanny pack if you're that cool. =D
    Honestly...I have a pair of ... tight capri length running pants that I got at Kohls and they have a zippered pocket that I put my key in.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    I use a trick that I learned in prison.
    Does it work with a very special gold watch too?
    With my dad's, actually.

And his father's before him?
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Do you wear a bra when you run?
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    I have my key on a small carabiner and i hook it onto one of my bra straps. Doesn't bother me while running and it would take me doing some crazy cartwheels or something for it to ever have the chance of coming unhooked & falling off! :)

I either use the pocket inside my shorts (most running shorts have them) or I some how attach it to my bra.
  • ShannanRenae
    ShannanRenae Posts: 130
    Tuck it in your sports bra...I tuck my cell fone there too! Bras are good 4 so much!
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    I have a zip pocket in my running trousers so put my keys in there. Its usually only the house keys though as I run straight from home rather than having to drive anywhere.
  • This was my favorite haha!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    I have a coiled plastic keyring that I wear on my wrist. Got it at lowes. :-)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    i put my keys on a lanyard :3 .
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    They have little zip pockets to attach to your shoes FYI.

I put them in the inner pocket of my skirt, in the zipper of my handheld water bottle or in my iFitness belt pocket. I also have a few tank tops that have zippered pockets in the back. And my last resort is to hid it in the wheel well of my car - shiny side in.

I have a Nissan too and an intelliKey and would NOT recommend putting it in your sports bra, especially if you sweat a lot. I never insert a key in the ignition and that much sweat in your bra will kill the sensor...hello $$$$$$$, or goodbye rather.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    I use a buttbag. :)
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    I use a trick that I learned in prison.

Does it work with a very special gold watch too?

i think i cracked a rib.

Blueberry pancakes.

they didn't have blueberry pancakes.
  • I don't like using things strapped to me or to hold onto anything when I run.
    To start with - I usually cut my keys down to bare minimum needed. Even if it's just the "clicker" and I hide the car key in the trunk. My house key is also a single.
    I buy shorts (usually Adidas) that have a small zipper pocket and use that, but in lieu of this, I've found the best results is to tie the key/clicker into the draw string of my shorts. All my shorts have them and I don't notice the key when I tie it here. I thread the key on, then tie the knot - not tie the knot, thread the key on and tie another knot.
    I'll also notice if that string ever comes undone and would probably feel it drop from my shorts if it did - or at least have a higher chance of noticing than tied to my shoe lace.
    If I were to use my shoe lace, I'd probably unlace my shoe at least one eye and put the key there. That way, if my lace comes undone, the key will not be automatically lost.
  • My workout pants have a small pocket with a zipper on the back, so unless you lose you pants, you can't lose your keys ;-)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I have my key on a small carabiner and i hook it onto one of my bra straps. Doesn't bother me while running and it would take me doing some crazy cartwheels or something for it to ever have the chance of coming unhooked & falling off! :)

wow, love this idea. I tie mine to my shoelaces and double knot them. I've never had a problem! So sorry you lost your key!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Just hide the key behind a tree or a rock or something..... or behind one of your wheels.....
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Put it on an elastic and tie it onto your wrist.

I do this with my house key when I go clubbing, but same deal, really :P
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Ah technology.

I like my dumb key. $2 to make a copy, no sensors to worry about, lasts for decades.

My advice- DO NOT hide your key on your car. A car thief will know all the places you would think of. Then you could be out a car.

Although I did hide a spare in my first car. Had a spare tire mounted on top of the engine, and you could open the hood with the latch that was routed to the bumper, instead of inside. Under the spare tire, I used a keyring, and put it on before the tire.
    So you would have to realize the hood will open with the latch hidden inside the rusty bumper, and remove the spare tire to get to the car key. And for your efforts, your price would be a nearly 20 year old Subaru wagon.
  • cjosenga
    cjosenga Posts: 37 Member
    I lace mine with my shoe lace and double knot my shoe.