JUST FRIENDS!

Options

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that you never see a guy ask this question.

so you no wanna be my friend? snif...
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Sure we can be just friends! Doesn't mean we haven't thought about it though :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i can't speak to this in "general"

but i KNOW beyond any shadow of doubt...that i cannot be just friends....i can behave myself if need be and at the request of the other party....but i'm far too sexual to be "just friends"
    me, somebody, and who

lol
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    yup
    um... :embarassed: but we're friends... :tongue:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I definitely think so.

lol i have been friend zoned sooooo many times :tongue:

but seriously.... i prefer a guy friend to chat with than a girl...i dont know why..lol i grew up with mostly guy friends...
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    yup
    busted! lol
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Two of my best friends are guys.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Absolutely yes. Probably half of my friends are women, and some are rather attractive. Yet we can stay friends because neither side is interested in crossing that line. Sometimes you just know you work better as friends than you could as more.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've always had more male than female friends. In fact, with the exception of a couple friends from high school, the only female friends I have are dating or married to my male friends!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yes they can. I love having women to talk to on a personal level. Gives me insight. :)
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    yup
    ^ ^ ^ ^ the ONLY way to answer THAT question....:devil:
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i can't speak to this in "general"

but i KNOW beyond any shadow of doubt...that i cannot be just friends....i can behave myself if need be and at the request of the other party....but i'm far too sexual to be "just friends"
    me, somebody, and who

lol

hmmmmm...i may want to remain silent here.....if i say it's you, somebody, and who....will i risk deletion?....if not

ABSOLUTELY...lol
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is very possible! I have been "just friends" with many women over the years (and still am). I have secretly wanted to bang quite a few of them but managed not to act on it for one reason or another and remained friends. True story......:wink:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I personally, don't think I could ever just be friends with a guy. Mine's just fear, I'm scared to be alone with a man, other than my husband or a family member. It's a long story....
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    yup
    busted! lol

It's my bicep pic that did it, isn't it?
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I have been friends for 14 years. We've never dated each other and never had "benefits" with each other... wouldn't even want to (and yes, that's true for both of us). We've both been in relationships and we're respectful of the relationship when the other is dating someone and that makes it work. He's never dated someone who has had to resent me, and I've never dated anyone who resents him. No, I don't think it always works, but it does for us.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    About half of my closest friends are guys. Some gay, some straight, other unkown.... One of them used to have a thing for me. It didn't go anywhere and we're still really close (and dating other people).

I think any friendship is possible of you get the right combination of personality in the people.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    of course they can.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "If" there was ever, even once, any type of physical relationship, I think you really can't just be friends.... sorry, just my opinion.

But if there wasn't, sure, why not?
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I don't know. I have mixed feelings about this. I am pretty sure that I could be just friends with a man if that man would allow us to be just friends. However, in my experience with this, I have never done it successfully. Every time I think I'm just friends with a man... I find out that he has different feelings for me.. whether it be wanting a relationship or wanting a more sexual relationship...

When I was younger, I was friends with guys... but the older I get, it just seems more complicated. They all want to throw sex in the pot and ruin the friendship or end up falling in love with me. lol