JUST FRIENDS!

Options

Replies

• katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've had guy friends in the past...and then when I start dating someone, the new guy can't handle that I have guys as friends...hello? I thought that was *why* you liked me...because I can hang with the guys and deal with dirty jokes.

I've ran into this problem before. Then I started making it a point of introducing the guys I date to my guy friends before I spend too much time around them without him there. Now, my friends actually call or text my boyfriend more often than they do me. I love it!
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is very possible! I have been "just friends" with many women over the years (and still am). I have secretly wanted to bang quite a few of them but managed not to act on it for one reason or another and remained friends. True story......:wink:

this is kinda what i meant....i can do it....but i secretly think otherwise and have EXCELLENT self control
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my boyfriend has two best friends. One is a girl. They've never been involved (she actually never dated the other guy either) and they all still hang out. No bangs and no plans for it. lol
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    The sex always gets in the way. Just ask Harry and Sally. Or watch this guy interviewing college kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA

That being said, I have way more guy friends than girl friends. :laugh: So much less drama and easier to hang around with.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Just like two women can be friends or two men can be friends.

Women can be friends with other women? o.O I can only seem to be friends with men.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends is a married man. I'm really good friends with his wife also. No animosity there or any reason to be jealous. Many of my friends are male. Many are female too. All I really care about is whether they are good people whose personality meshes with mine or not.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of female friends most of them are just guys with softer parts anyways some mind set most the time but that's why we get along

Life would be boring with only guy friends
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    "No man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive."
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    to q point gut no3.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i have tons guy friends n there is no benefits....
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    i have tons guy friends n there is no benefits....

That's what you think........ever hear of a spank bank????
  • BAHBOOK2012
    BAHBOOK2012 Posts: 11
    Options
    This is one of the funniest post I've read in a while. The vast majority of men and women clearly think different. That is a fact! It is interesting one person pointed out guys don't ask this question. One woman cheekily asked "don't you want to be my friend?" Which made me smile as I'm sure 90% of men would say yes lol. In reversing the tables slightly, as the question was posed by a woman, if a woman was married or in serious relationship and her partner had several female friends that he went out boozing with regularly as guys would with the guys would most women get concerned? Put another spin on it, if a guy went out with the guys regular most women would either be happy for their own time or pissed by being left out, but introduce female friends, attractive ones or not into the frame then it isn't really a matter of having friends but the class of friend and the type of friendship. Thus you can have male/female friends but once in a relationship things change for most couples. Some may argue you should take me as you found me, and some may crave the attention of female friends at the risk of pissing of their girlfriend or wife which is simply a matter of balance and respect for a partner. But if single there is no harm in having 100 male friends or female friends but once in a relationship as with any friend male or female it is a matter of balance and respect for your partner.
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    I think that typically in a heterosexual female-male friendship one of the people would really lke to be more than friends...unless both are in committed, happy relationships...and even then I think the thought of the relationship becoming more flits in and out of at least one persons mind periodically. At least that has been my experience.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    This is one of the funniest post I've read in a while. The vast majority of men and women clearly think different. That is a fact! It is interesting one person pointed out guys don't ask this question. One woman cheekily asked "don't you want to be my friend?" Which made me smile as I'm sure 90% of men would say yes lol. In reversing the tables slightly, as the question was posed by a woman, if a woman was married or in serious relationship and her partner had several female friends that he went out boozing with regularly as guys would with the guys would most women get concerned? Put another spin on it, if a guy went out with the guys regular most women would either be happy for their own time or pissed by being left out, but introduce female friends, attractive ones or not into the frame then it isn't really a matter of having friends but the class of friend and the type of friendship. Thus you can have male/female friends but once in a relationship things change for most couples. Some may argue you should take me as you found me, and some may crave the attention of female friends at the risk of pissing of their girlfriend or wife which is simply a matter of balance and respect for a partner. But if single there is no harm in having 100 male friends or female friends but once in a relationship as with any friend male or female it is a matter of balance and respect for your partner.

i thought guys were all about 'bros before hos'...
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have lots of platonic male friends and always have.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    my long term male friends are gay :) So yes!

My other male friends, when I used to have a bunch eventually turned and always made a move at some point... or admitted at one point they were interested in me... so IDK... I wonder if they try to be friends initially to hook up and when that doesn't happen they reside to the friend zone.

Now my male friends are also married and friends with my husband so... idk I'm sure a lot of guys and girls can just be friends with no chance of being a couple.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Of course. There are variables that can come into play to change that answer of course... like if there is sexual attraction on either end of the relationship, then I would have to say no. Eventually, someone gets hurt. But, if there is no attraction on either end, and the two get along well, why not? :)
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I believe 100% men and women can be just friends. It doesnt matter if one thinks the other is attractive or if they both think each other is attractive. Friends are friends and thats that. It doesnt have to go beyond that.

^^THIS^^

I have several close male friends that I've known for years. My husband doesn't trip on us and neither do their wives. To see us interact you would know that friends is all we've ever been and all we'll ever be.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    can.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Nope.

One or the other eventually feels something more. I'm done with those games. No female friends that I'd consider "effable" in the bedroom.