What is the craziest thing you believed to be true as a kid?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• true35
    true35 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thought when people died in the movies that they actually died. Always thought to myself why would they volunteer for that! LOL

LOL!
  • goodeater24
    goodeater24 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I truly believed that when I grew up I wouldn't like sweets because my parents didn't so I thought I'd outgrow like I outgrew playing with dolls.
  • true35
    true35 Posts: 43
    Options
    My Mom had me believing that there was a 'parent handbook'. Every time she said no to a sleep over or dessert or because I said so and I asked why?, she would tell me the parent handbook said so and for some reason...then it was acceptable! Lol...wish I had that handbook now....

I would love a copy of that handbook too!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That people with glasses were specially chosen to have extra enhanced vision.
  • rainforestboots
    rainforestboots Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one who thought the world was really in black and white "in the olden days" :)

I thought that my Aunt would be arrested for drinking (juice) while driving, when I asked her about it, she said that drink driving WAS illegal, but she was exempted because she was pregnant :/

I thought that the power station/ power plant controlled the weather, I could see new rain-clouds coming out of the cooling towers. lol.

I thought that cows naturally produced milk every day, and if humans didn't milk them, they would get sick and die, so we were actually doing them a favour by milking them :(

this thread is awesome.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Not "crazy" but, I have a little vertical scar about my lip (in that dent thing) and I used to think everyone had it until someone in 5th grade asked why I had the scar.

Oh and my sperm donor (a.k.a bio-father) used to tell me that when I fell asleep all my toys came alive and hung out together, so I'd always try and pretend to sleep so I could catch them in the act.

Also, used to think that when artists played on the radio, they were really there playing it live.
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    not crazy but I thought Wonder Woman (Linda Carter) was the representative for Wonder Bra. I also believed that swallowing apple seeds would cause a tree to grown from inside me.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    That if you ate watermelon seeds it would make them grow in your stomach. I was horrified of watermelon seeds.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I used to think that everytime you had sex, you had a child.
    I told my friends dad once (who had her and her sister) "you've had sex TWO times in your life"
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It's not crazy but I used to think teachers lived at school. I thought monsters really lived under your bed and in your wardrobe. Hm I also believed my mum when she said she had eyes at the back of her head, I tell the children at my nursery that now and they believe it too lol. I thought the tooth fairy made a castle out of all the teeth and redbull really gave you wings, well okay I was thirteen or something with that one but I was such a strange child so haha.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When i was a child i believed that when you learned something new you got a new wrinkle in your brain and amnesia was like taking all the wrinkles out.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i actually thought serial killers where "cereal killers" I always wondered why someone would want to kill cereal lol
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    I thought there was a monster named Gunther that lived in our basement.
  • alcooper929
    alcooper929 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I believed that when I grew up I could be like barbie
  • Emmarogers2008
    Options
    Belived that if i was naughty my mum's friend in America woukd send me chucky.I was about 8 and I had never seen the film just read about it in the papers when it was mentioned in the James Bulger murder case (i was a studious child who watched the news and read the paper everyday from the age of about 6)
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    this is really embarrassing, but as i grew up under a not very religious JEWISH house hold. My husband told me about how Easter came to be:

The Rabbit symbolizes that when Jesus died, he was resurrected by having little bunnies nurse him back to health....

i believed it for YEARS and i still get made fun of for being so gullible

(sorry if this offends, i really didnt know at the time) lol