What do YOU do with your protein powder?

Options
13»

Replies

• BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Have mixed it with pasteurized egg white, lol, but that doesn't help you, it was an effort not to do so many powders and be more natural, so it may be an option, ie, go for pasteurized egg whites instead but you would still prob need to hide the flavor, they are a bit yuki.
    I have also added the chocolate flavored protein to oats in a morning, it was ok, but I find a straight protein drink the easiest.
    If you really wanna make a fruit smoothie and use your powder that way, that is real nice, but well calories...

I mix mine with water not milk.
  • TheChosenOne_
    Options
    You could do many things with it, you can look it up online
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I made a Banana and Chocolate Smoothie with my protein powder this morning for breakfast.

Bananas - Raw, 85 g
    Pauls - Trim Low Fat Milk, 200 ml
    Balance - 100% Whey Protein Wpc/Wpi Powder: Chocolate, 30 g
    Uncle Tobys - Oats - Traditional, 10g
    Coles - Linseed Meal (Flaxseed),
    Equal - Sweetner (Australia), 1 g (Sachet)

Super filling and very tasty!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    This is what you do with protein powder.

First you have,

proteintub.jpg

and...

shakerbottle.jpg

then

scoopprotein.jpg

then

shakingprotein.jpg

then

drinkingprotein.jpg

and with dedication and training you can become...

becomesuperhero.jpg
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I put it in smoothies, shakes, yogurt, oatmeal, cookies, cold oatmeal, and anything that it can mix well with
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I snort mine~ (kiddin')

I blend it with unsweetened almond milk and peanut butter or almost butted, a couple ice cubes = delicious chocolate shake.
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options
    First find a protein powder you like the flavor of but here's my fave recipe. Choc Shakeology, half water, half skim milk, half a banana, tbsp greek yogurt blended, add an oz of sliced almonds and pour into popsickle trays and freeze. Its a delish, healthy and low cal frozen treat. You can also subsitute soy or coconut milk.
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    - Add it to pancake batter
    - Make a brownie

Ok, THESE two OM NOM suggestions stuck out at me as something I am definitely going to try! Thanks everyone for the great ideas!!

Try jamie eason's chocolate protein bars: http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=570

I usually add Greek yogurt to the mix (more protein) and spread some peanut butter on top (healthy fats) before eating them yummers!!
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Myself, well I mix it with almond milk, ice, Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder, and some instant coffee granules. Protein mocha frappucino!
    I've got to get some instant coffee to try this now.
  • nathanas85
    nathanas85 Posts: 19
    Options
    I like to add my whey protein to oatmeal, mix in different combinations of blueberries, strawberries, walnuts, or almond slices
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of you partied a little to hard in the 80's. Just can't shake the snorting habit, can ya? I personally like to take my whey as a straight shot. The tears, choking and gasping lets me know it's working.