Before & After Photo Update (PICTURE)

Options

Replies

• CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    wow! I would have never guessed you were 44. Keep up the good work :heart: you'll get there in no time.
  • MissSjolin
    MissSjolin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You are always so inspiring, and you look fabulous :)
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    wow you are looking so good ! I inspired a lot coz my weight is 160 and targeted weight is 130 and I was visualising my self while watching your pics that I can also looks good as u after loosing weight: ) any advice to achieve my goal?

Just know that it CAN be done! Take it one day at a time and one meal at a time. If you blow it, don't let it ruin your day. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track with the very next meal. Don't worry about never having the food you love eating, instead try to clean up your diary one item at a time. Losing weight doesn't have to be depressing,,, make it FUN by experimenting with different recipes and exercises. I experiment with things all the time like dark chocolate, 17 Day Diet, etc. just so I don't get bored. LOL! Good luck to you!
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    I just love success story's,
    well done,,,, an inspiration really
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great work! You DO look like an attractive young lady!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow, you look amazing. I feel like you are my story. I'm 42 and 5"3 and started at 154, currently at 130 working on that last 10 lbs. LOL How inspiring. I hope I can do as well as you have at keeping it off. I have had my ups and downs over the years and have vowed this would be the final time. Let's hope it sticks. Congratulations!!
  • saynotofat
    saynotofat Posts: 37
    Options
    You look so great!!! I thought you were in your 20s!!! Congrats.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
    Thank you for being such a dedicated, inspiring and motivational friend! :smile:
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    One of my best looking MFP friends for sure!! Very motivating!!
  • mayaaztec
    mayaaztec Posts: 3
    Options
    For those of you who know me or have been my MFP during this journey, you know that I reached my goal weight last year of 121.0 lbs. I gained 10 lbs over the past few months with the holidays, vacation and being sick (just a stubborn head cold and sinus infection). Below is a comparison from where I started in January 2010 and where I am today. The photo on the right was taken yesterday, in fact. :)

Although I still want to lose the 10 lbs I've gained... I'm happy with my progress even with the ups and downs. I've learned a lot during the past 2.5 years and one of them is not to beat myself up about every little weight gain. I just need to look at this photo to know that even with the extra weight... I still look much healthier, happier (and dare I say younger?) than I did two years ago! I'm a 44 year old mother of two, 5'2" and 44 years old.

My message: Keep doing what you're doing! Don't worry about how far you have left to go. Celebrate how far you have come!

before_after002.jpg

My journey: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/down-30-pounds-response-to-questions-114202

Edit to add former before/after photo

beforeafter_03.jpg
  • mayaaztec
    mayaaztec Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow... you look beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You look great and you certainly don't look 44! You look like you are in your 20s!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Great job!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    What's your secret? You do not look anywhere near 44.
  • bjohs
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous! Your story is an inspiration to me. I at at the 20 lb weight loss point and the scale is not moving. Stress for this week had be doing the bare minimum. Thanks for the reminder I need to celebrate the lbs in 4 months...not keep beating myself up!

That's the attitude I like to see!!! Best of luck to you, serenity216!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Holy Cow, you look amazing. I feel like you are my story. I'm 42 and 5"3 and started at 154, currently at 130 working on that last 10 lbs. LOL How inspiring. I hope I can do as well as you have at keeping it off. I have had my ups and downs over the years and have vowed this would be the final time. Let's hope it sticks. Congratulations!!

Thank you, Velvetvisions! Yes, we are very close in stats. Congrats on your progress so far, that's fantastic! I haven't done very well in keeping it off but that's okay. Like you, I have the tools and know-how now to get back to where I left off. As long as you love who you are and the accomplishments you have achieved... you'll do just fine. :)
  • essenceofk
    essenceofk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay you look amazing, and you actually looked young already, you just look much younger than your stated age of 44. Thanks for the encouragement and words of advice. I am doing well so far, but already get nervous at the thought of a gain. I almost quit a while back when I faced a plateau early on, as soon as I started working out. I am actually having fun, and want this to be a journey of love even when I miss the mark, so here's to unconditional love for ourselves! :)
  • jillybean
    jillybean Posts: 57
    Options
    Wow you look incredible and definitely not 44 more like 34! I love the advice that you shared with us and I also had to smile when I saw the picture of you on the beam because I also was in gymnastics and competed in HS many, many moons ago! Thanks for inspiring me to stick with getting healthy!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Maintaining is inspiring. A trick I need to learn. Keep sharing, thanks.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I will admit the moment you said you were 44 I had to double check I read it right. You said you thought you were younger so I looked down at the pictures and said to myself "Hmm yeah she's right. Before she looks maybe.. mid twenties and now she looks like she's in college. Amazing.. WHOA WAIT!" And take this as a compliment, you look stunning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!