Options

Replies

• itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    very inspiring!!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Yay you look amazing, and you actually looked young already, you just look much younger than your stated age of 44. Thanks for the encouragement and words of advice. I am doing well so far, but already get nervous at the thought of a gain. I almost quit a while back when I faced a plateau early on, as soon as I started working out. I am actually having fun, and want this to be a journey of love even when I miss the mark, so here's to unconditional love for ourselves! :)

I'm so glad you didn't give up, essenceofk! I love your attitude and outlook as you continue on. Small weight gains will happen for the rest of our lives. The trick is to catch it before it gets out of hand. Great job on making it fun!!!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Wow you look incredible and definitely not 44 more like 34! I love the advice that you shared with us and I also had to smile when I saw the picture of you on the beam because I also was in gymnastics and competed in HS many, many moons ago! Thanks for inspiring me to stick with getting healthy!

Thank you, jillybean! Gymnastics has taken a toll on my knees and joints, but I still try to stay flexible and strong through Taekwondo. I hope to be testing for my second degree black belt by the end of the year. I really miss gymnastics though... as I'm sure you do too. I'm glad you are inspired! Way to stick with it!!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Maintaining is inspiring. A trick I need to learn. Keep sharing, thanks.

I'm still learning too, nutshel. :)
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    huge congrats! You are gorgeous!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! And YES!! You DO look younger!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You still are within your healthy range. Yes, 121 is closer to the middle of the range but you are still much healthier and happier looking at your current weight than you were in the original photo. You are right in not beating yourself up over it... If you want to lose back down... by all means do it.. The 121 pic was cute too... But nothing to beat yourself up over.... Best wishes as you continue to define the new you. :smile:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Looking great and a great attitude!
  • bjohs
    Options
    I will admit the moment you said you were 44 I had to double check I read it right. You said you thought you were younger so I looked down at the pictures and said to myself "Hmm yeah she's right. Before she looks maybe.. mid twenties and now she looks like she's in college. Amazing.. WHOA WAIT!" And take this as a compliment, you look stunning!

Awww, thank you! I'm flattered, Meraid! Pictures can be deceiving... but I "feel" much younger since losing some weight too. With two young children at home, it's nice to have the energy to keep up with them! It's funny you mention college... when I reached my goal weight, I weighed the same as I did in college. Here's the comparison photo! :)

The photo on the right was taken just a few days before my 25th high school class reunion. :)

22_year.jpg

PS: No laughing at the 80's hair!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay... maybe a little. ;-)
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your photos and message. Onward with my journey. I WILL hit 44 and look fabulous!, I just have to keep at it!
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You are one hot mama!!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    WOW. You sound like me. I'm 42, will be, have two kids and started off at 155lbs, also 5'2". You look amazing. Something to work towards. :)
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy :) Great job
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Lookin good!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Amazing!! Such a wonderful example!!

And so are you, dawniee! I'm glad to have you as an MFP. You're sooooooooooo dedicated!!!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you, you like great!
  • bjohs
    Options
    You look great and have accomplished so much! Your updates really help keep me focused, so thank you for being so dedicated and encouraging. :)

Thank you, busterrocks! You are so focused and dedicated yourself. You're always so supportive too and I love having you as a friend!!!
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! great motivation because I am 5'1 and looking to be similiar to your weight!
  • bjohs
    Options
    you look amazing! great motivation because I am 5'1 and looking to be similiar to your weight!

Thank you, teenytinii! Being fun-sized has it's challenges. Every little pound shows on our smaller frames. But keep at it... you can do it! Beautiful wedding dress!!!
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    wow you look awsome great job and so true what you said, and you do not look 44, keep up the great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!