JM, Please tell me I'm not the only one that hates her?

Options
nas24
nas24 Posts: 880 Member
So let me start by saying that i think she's great at what she does, Jillian Michaels, that is. But i swear every time i see her face i just want to punch her. All i can think about is her riding people like horses on the biggest loser and it just gets me all pissed off. I did her DVD 30DS and while it was a kick *kitten* workout, i stopped it because all i did was curse at her the whole time and couldn't stand looking at her. Please tell me im not alone here.

Replies

• Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't hate her... she sometimes makes me cry though...
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    let just say she is the first woman for me to call her every bad nasty names i could think off like ***** and a word that rymes with burnt lmao
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I don't hate her, and liked her in the 30DS, but watching how she treats those on BL made me FURIOUS.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser is just an entertainment show & that most probably all her yells or name calling the contestants there are "scripted". I understand how you feel because I used to think the same way too but don't let those scripted emotions get over you. After all she did a great job in increasing the ratings of the show.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think she is annoying. I cringe when she says, "hey buddy" and "riiiight" on the video. When I do the punches, I aim towards her face....

So, I agree.
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    I used to feel the same way, but I (just for the hell of it) checked out the podcasts she does, and she really is awesome. She has a much kinder and funnier side than you see on BL. And she seriously knows her stuff.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Agree 100%. She makes me nuts. I can only do 30DS on mute.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why but I cannot stand her or her voice & the faces she makes...She thinks she is so cool...Like a kid or something...I don't know what it is...

I bought one of her Dvd's RI30 & did it for a couple of days but I couldn't stand her....Needless to say, I am desperate to start losing weight & I have seen the results of many from 30DS so I ordered it & a couple more...I figure I will turn on my stereo while I do her Dvd's (once I know what to do) so I don't have to listen to her....It is going to be hard but maybe I can use my anger & annoyance at her to get through the workouts...I hope anyway!!

Great topic!!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The results are what motivate me. I never watch The Biggest Loser because I feel it is way too scripted and so not real life....yeah, sure sweep me away to an isolated place where my only job was to work out and I could kick *kitten* too, but that isn't reality!!! I hate some of the things she says on 30DS and it gets super annoying by the 7th day! LOL Someone suggested muting the work out and putting music on, I need the verbal cues. I'm sure there are other work outs that would get the same results and JM isn't for everyone that's for sure! LOL I also try to focus on the girls actually doing the work in the videos and try to tone her out as much as possible.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same way, but I (just for the hell of it) checked out the podcasts she does, and she really is awesome. She has a much kinder and funnier side than you see on BL. And she seriously knows her stuff.

Maybe I need to check those out as well...Maybe she has a different personality to make people hate her during her Dvd's...

This may sounds silly but how do I get to podcast? lol
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I agree that her Biggest Loser persona is likely heavily scripted. Reality TV is far from real.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's a show and there's acting involved.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't not like her, but I wouldn't buy any of her stuff just because it's from her. I did like Biggest Loser a lot more when she was on it because she had a way of cutting thru the contestants bullsh!t excuses and getting them to work.

I like Bob and Dolvett, but dont think the show is the same since JM left....and barely watched this past season.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yep, I hate her with the burning passion of a thousand suns.
  • drdortch
    drdortch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am as big as some of those contestants on the Biggest Looser. I understand why Jillian rides them as hard as she does.... because they need it. I need it. It's so easy to find an excuse to quit and give up. Jillian know they can't afford to do it. Their life depends on it. They need some one to force them.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    We have a LOVE-HATE Relationship.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why but I cannot stand her or her voice & the faces she makes...She thinks she is so cool...Like a kid or something...I don't know what it is...

I bought one of her Dvd's RI30 & did it for a couple of days but I couldn't stand her....Needless to say, I am desperate to start losing weight & I have seen the results of many from 30DS so I ordered it & a couple more...I figure I will turn on my stereo while I do her Dvd's (once I know what to do) so I don't have to listen to her....It is going to be hard but maybe I can use my anger & annoyance at her to get through the workouts...I hope anyway!!

Great topic!!

Why not just get a DVD featuring someone else?
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I really like her maybe I am one of the few. First and foremost she is little 5'2" and her starting weight was something like 185. For me I am 5ft even and my weight was 187 when I started. I can relate to her because of the height and closeness in weight.

If you watched BL she really got into the heads and hearts of the people on the show. I only wish I didn't have such issues with my heel. When I did 30D shred I saw results but I had to stop all the jumping jacks and other high impact. I really miss it, I would laugh at level one when she says I know you are tired and want to turn off this DVD don't you dare, because yea that was me at first.. :) To each his own I guess.
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    I want to marry her so she can talk dirty to me all the time.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I like JM (maybe because I've never really watched the biggest loser)who better to help someone get in shape than someone who was also once overweight. I love her kick *kitten* personality!