Not new but need friends that don't eat below their BMR

Options
13»

Replies

• ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You can eat below your BMR and not "starve" yourself. What do you think makes you lose weight? Fairies coming to chop the fat off? My fat is fueling me. Oh, and I hardly ever feel hungry. Stop being so judgmental.

PEACE OUT

This.

There is a lot of people on their high horses in this thread..... What works for you is not the 'correct' 'right' way for everyone else.

Wanting like-minded friends does not mean you're on a high horse.

Now if the title was "Click on this thread so I can teach you the error of your ways" I would agree with you. But since this is a thread started by someone looking for friends with similar interests I don't see the point in complaining about what other people are doing.

I never said wanting like-mined friends means that you are on a high horse. Did you actually read the posts in this thread?

Let me quote a few pieces: "I would love to support anyone who wants to lead a HEALTHY lifestyle. " - suggests eating under your BMR is unhealtly.
    "It's not helpful to see people starving themselves and honestly does not work in the long run!" - suggests that people are starving themselves not eating above their BMR and that it doesn't work in the long run, which it does, maybe not for everyone.
    "who are not trying to starve themselves" Again with the starving comments.....
    "Low calories are counterproductive and isn't sustainable for life." That is simply not true. Unless you are talking extremes, like true anorexics.
    "Love it when someone really gets it!!! " - so someone who eats below their BMR doesn't get it?

Those comments give me a high-horse vibe.
  • Zicon
    Zicon Posts: 27
    Options
    I need my noms, feel free to add me.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options

This.

There is a lot of people on their high horses in this thread..... What works for you is not the 'correct' 'right' way for everyone else.

Now if the title was "Click on this thread so I can teach you the error of your ways" I would agree with you. But since this is a thread started by someone looking for friends with similar interests I don't see the point in complaining about what other people are doing.

I never said wanting like-mined friends means that you are on a high horse. Did you actually read the posts in this thread?

Yes, I did read the posts. I saw it as people expressing their opinions in a thread about eating a certain number of calories. The topic was made very clear in the title.

I'm sorry other people's opinions offend you. I'll say it again: I don't see the point in complaining because others have a different opinion than you do. You aren't going to change their opinions just like they aren't changing yours.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options

This.

Yes, I did read the posts. I saw it as people expressing their opinions in a thread about eating a certain number of calories. The topic was made very clear in the title.

I'm sorry other people's opinions offend you. I'll say it again: I don't see the point in complaining because others have a different opinion than you do. You aren't going to change their opinions just like they aren't changing yours.

And it is my opinion that they are high-horsey and wrong, and you seem to be complaining about my opinion here. So you are telling me you do not see a point in me 'complaining' when you are are 'complaining' about my post....

Expressing an opinion is not complaining, thus why I put complaining in the ' ' , and I am sorry my opinion offends you.

I also was never attempting to change anyone's opinion, I was just posting what I saw in this thread and my thoughts on it. Rarely can people's opinions be changed from a few words of the internet.