Tears in the Fitting Room NSV

Options

Replies

• Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Congrats..and no, no crying for me I normally dance or pretend I'm runway model, lol.
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Haven't cried but trembled from excitement.
  • KMS5308
    KMS5308 Posts: 9
    Options
    I remember a few years ago when I lost weight (the first time) I needed jeans so bad. I started out in a 26/28 and I was down to about a 18/20....I didn't think about it, but I couldn't find any 18/20s and I was soooooo mad. I was near tears when I told my husband I couldn't find my size....He was like "Kalyn, LOOK around....all of these are too big.....you reversed your problem. Before you couldn't find any big enough and now look." I did the girly laugh cry thing, even though I didn't find any pants....I was so happy...because they didn't have any in SMALL enough for me at the time.
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    awww Good for you!!! :')
  • doberfan
    doberfan Posts: 33
    Options
    :) I hope to be crying for joy too in a couple months. Congrats!!!!
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! I haven't cried there yet, but I have really felt like crap putting clothes on in there to the point that I didn't wanna try on nothing else!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That's really exciting!!! Good for you! I haven't cried in a fitting room yet...up until recently I was finding that I was still having a hard time finding stuff to fit even though I was wearing some of my old clothes that were Mediums and Size 8's. Last weekend I went outlet shopping and found that stuff at the Gap and Banana Republic fit me really well...and even better they were on sale cheaper than the crap I had been trying on at Walmart that didn't fit right! So I just marveled in the fitting room about the fact that I found clothes that didn't fit totally weird!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I reared up in the Old Navy fitting room today...I put on (meaning buttoned and zipped without effort) a pair of jeans that DID NOT have a "W" in the size!!! Hello 16...I've missed you!!! :)

Do you ever cry in the fitting room?

That is so awesome! To answer your question, YES, I had my moment in the fitting room this past Saturday when I tried on dresses and the large and medium were too big. I've gone from a 1 & 2x top to a loose medium and 14/16 pant to a size 6.

Keep up the impressive work.
  • snewfeld
    snewfeld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cried two weeks ago when I bought a pair of pants at a regular department store...for the past 10 years I've had to buy at the plus sized shops.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow... that must of been an awesome feeling.. I'm in between .. 16 is just too tight for me at the moment, and an 18, even though fits comfortably loose around the waist, leaves too much extra pant between the legs..
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV! I'm guilty of crying in fitting rooms, even when I was at a 25lb loss :grumble:
  • breakthecycle
    breakthecycle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes I too have experienced that from BOTH directions and in the SAME store. I was at Cato(it has a big and small side) I had reached their 26/28 and sat on the floor and cried trying to figure out how the hell I had gotten to that point and if I would ever be able to fix it. My next set of tears there were about 2 years later when I realized I was now on the SMALL side of the store granted it was the biggest size on the small side but I had gotten there!!! I must admit those tears felt a hell of a lot better!!!
    CONGRATS to you!!! Keep up the GREAT job!!!!
  • JessJessB
    JessJessB Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I had the exact same reaction when I tried on my first 16 (Old Navy as well!). I also would spend time checking to see if the mirrors were tilted, and then get teary all over again when I realized they weren't! Congratulations, and keep up the amazing work!!
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That is just the greatest feeling in the world. I had one in Old Navy too! I never went in there because I thought they wouldn't have anything to fit me. So when I ventured in there a couple of months ago and tried on a XL - I bought it! You just can't tell me if that isn't the most wonderful little dress in my closet even though now it is too big!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I can not wait to have this moment - I'm at an 18 dropping to a 16 now. Some of my 18s are too big. I'm wondering what size it will take for me to lose the W, if I even can. I'm still a bit curvy...
  • djg0418
    djg0418 Posts: 35
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!!!! Very worthwhile tears! :flowerforyou:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Tears of joy are the best! :flowerforyou:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I reared up in the Old Navy fitting room today...I put on (meaning buttoned and zipped without effort) a pair of jeans that DID NOT have a "W" in the size!!! Hello 16...I've missed you!!! :)

Do you ever cry in the fitting room?

My first panic attack ever was actually in the fitting room of a place called "Farm and Fleet". I was trying on a pair of mens painter pants. And...ugh........the pants didnt come even close to fitting and they were considerably bigger than even my husband at the time wore and I had just lost 50lbs!!! I was destroyed.

The problem ...then wasnt that the pants didnt fit. The "problem" was it set such a precedence that I had panic attacks every time or almost every time I went to a damn store and even more so if it was a clothing store. It also started my online shopping experience (the good part)
  • melvan12
    Options
    Congratulations!! SUCH a great achievement, and what a fantastic way to mark it. I haven't cried in a fitting room, but I remember being bewildered by being able to zip up a pair of size 12 trousers from Zara... I was so surprised that I thought they must have attached the label incorrectly. Went out and brought back another pair in size 12, just to be sure - and then rang my friend immediately to squeal in excitement. Grinned all the way to the registers (never mind that the trousers were slightly overpriced and a weird shade of ivory/ash grey).

I hope you BOUGHT those jeans, btw! :)
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, tears of JOY! I haven't cried while trying on clothes but I have also not got to the point where I am able to wear what I want. I am sure though that when I get there it will be overwhelming and I may tear up a bit. Well, actually I could see it going either two ways, I tear up a bit or I get so excited I can't shut up about how happy I am about being able to wear nice clothes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!