Formerly Fat

Options
13»

Replies

• mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This was me in 2005... 5'3" tall, weighing in at 215 pounds and wearing size 20 pants.

8Sofat05.jpg

After that I became more active and lost 45 pounds on my own, which lasted until a major knee injury kept me inactive for four months. I thought when the injury healed and I got back to being active the weight would come off again. But here's what I looked like a full year after becoming active again, weighing in at 200 pounds and wearing size 16 pants.

Fatrunner.jpg

In March of 2011 a health coach I was working with suggested MFP to me, and I finally faced the fact that if I really wanted to lose weight and keep it off, I would have to change my eating habits. Since then, I have gradually made changes, and this is me today at my goal weight of 120 pounds, wearing size 4 pants!

11May12.jpg

As hard as it has been to change my eating habits to lose 80 pounds over the course of the past year, I think the hardest part is starting today... keeping the weight off. I've read that 95% of people who lose weight regain it. I really think that I can be in the 5% who keep it off because I've looked at this all along as permanent changes I'm making to my eating habits rather than as a diet that I would quit when I've lost the weight. Having MFP and all the support here has been so crucial to the success I've had so far, so I plan to keep using it for maintenance. And any advice any of you have about maintaining weight loss would be greatly appreciated!

You inspire me. Thank you.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Very Inspiring!!!! WTG!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!