What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm making a giant 3-layer strawberry cake with homemade icing, and I'm not eating it...

Good Golly Aunt Polly!! Im so impressed!!

HAHA! Yeah, it was my grandmother's recipe, and she passed away last year, so I'm doing this so I can have some good memories instead of just missing her all day long. My husband approves of this therapeutic gesture quite a bit as he is already salivating over the batter.
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Instead of crawling back in bed this morning, I went for a ride.

So glad I did!!!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I added an extension to my cycling route today, knowing that there is a fairly intense hill about 1 mile in. I hammered that hill like nobody's business!
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Added deadlifts to my wheels routine!
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Logged onto MFP after three days of absence ;-)
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym this morning. I was the only one there because it is Mothers Day. I knew I was going to have a bbq tonight with cake and ice cream and so i wanted to get a good start to my day.

I am proud that I was the only one there. My mothers day present to me!
  • breakthecycle
    breakthecycle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I promised myself that for Mother's Day I would FINALLY run my 5k on the treadmill and I DID!!!! It's the furthest I've ran and I could not be more proud of giving that gift to myself!! My hubby was there the last 1/2 mile beside me cheering me on. It was an awesome feeling!!!
  • lifechangecyndi
    Options
    TO ALL MOTHER'S ..........'HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY'........ :flowerforyou:
  • TheLakeBeast
    Options
    if you catch me on the court I'm trouble....today I messed around and had a triple double
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I turned down cheesecake.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    if you catch me on the court I'm trouble....today I messed around and had a triple double
    i'd say it was a good day if i was sure you didn't have to use your AK
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i finished day 5 of my training for 5k! i actually jogged 3min straight and wasnt all that out of breath! im proud of myself!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I didnt buy another pack if smokes before work this morning, almost through my first 24 hours of ciggerette free-ness!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    This technically happened yesterday since it is only 730am here...

I climbed 100 floors!!!

AH MAH GAH!!!! Did your legs feel like Jello after?
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I guess technically I can count this as "today" since it happened after midnight last night...

I'm a musician, and I was coming home with my bandmates after a gig last night, and they decided they wanted to stop at Denny's. I wasn't hungry, but everyone else was ordering food, so I asked for an order of nachos, despite knowing that eating that late and going to bed on a full stomach was going to haunt me for hours. Anyway, as the waiter was leaving the table to enter our orders, I decided I didn't want to do that to myself and cancelled the order. I took a little bit of good-natured ribbing from my bandmates, but they know I've been working really hard at this and they understood that I did what I needed to do.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Actually stayed on track with my diet eating all healthy food!!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I was the ONLY ONE (its a privately owned 24hr gym) at the gym and worked out about 20-30 more minutes than i planned. I went hard!!
  • JCDF
    JCDF Posts: 25
    Options
    I moved some stuff around outside, plants, a couple of wood chairs. I did my bible reading early. I did not pig out when I wanted to. I remembered some fun, old memories.

I came to terms with something about my mother (RIP.) I wish I could have while she was alive, but slowly over the few years since she died, I have been coming to terms with her strangeness. And today something about her hit me big time. This has allowed me to forgive my mother and to find some peace about her. May not seem like much, but in my life it's a biggie.

I don't know if I can say I'm proud of any of these things, but they were all positives in my life today, among a few other little, mundane things.
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    I got a small instead of a large (although I REALLY wanted it) TCBY yogurt today, lol.
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    I biked 29km on a local recreational trail. Two solid hours of outdoor bliss.