Thanks!
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump and thanks!
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    There is one thing you would try, during 2 or 3 days, eat 2 or 2,5 times more :)
    but don't worry, try out the protocol and let me know how it goes ;)
    Being consistent (having roughly the same amount) with the TDEE greatly helps

like having a few big spike days? that seems more doable for me personally:) I've been upping slowly (+100 cals each week), as not to shock my system. but I've been too caught up on hitting my macros that I've been under a few times. So I'll pay more careful attention and eventually try the protocol:)

does it matter what types of exercises you do during that time? ie cardio, weight-train, combo, etc? thanks again:smile:
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump....really helpful info. I upped my calories by a few days ago because of informative posts like this
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Mark for more reading later....
  • albayin
    Options
    Now I remember you. :) Do you have a blog or some sort of place where I can read all your beautiful and sensible thoughts on fitness and weight loss? Thanks!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Hey you :-)
    Well I do have one here, but it doesn't contain the infos I'm putting on the board here. I think i'll gather them since there are infos that could be usefull :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    There is one thing you would try, during 2 or 3 days, eat 2 or 2,5 times more :)
    but don't worry, try out the protocol and let me know how it goes ;)
    Being consistent (having roughly the same amount) with the TDEE greatly helps

like having a few big spike days? that seems more doable for me personally:) I've been upping slowly (+100 cals each week), as not to shock my system. but I've been too caught up on hitting my macros that I've been under a few times. So I'll pay more careful attention and eventually try the protocol:)

does it matter what types of exercises you do during that time? ie cardio, weight-train, combo, etc? thanks again:smile:

No it doesn't matter at all that that stage. the only thing you would avoid is hitting big deficit (like burning hundreds of calories for days, that would likely blunt the efficiency due to the thermodynamic)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Now I remember you. :) Do you have a blog or some sort of place where I can read all your beautiful and sensible thoughts on fitness and weight loss? Thanks!

I just gathered the links here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Razique/view/my-posts-on-the-forum-261472
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Awesome read! This will come in handy as I'm at a plateau at the moment. Thanks Raz!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    anytime :)
  • albayin
    Options

I just gathered the links here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Razique/view/my-posts-on-the-forum-261472

Thank you. Now I can read them like in libraries. :)
  • dtucker3800
    dtucker3800 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this and see if it works for me. Thanks for the information.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you are becoming one of my favorite posters.

i have a question... my weight loss is stuck scale wise but i'm still seeing lots of changes in measurements and clothes. should this this be considered a plateau? if so should i just wait until the scale catches up, or should i try eating a maintenance for a few weeks?

also for a bit of info, my calorie goals are set anywhere from 500-800 calories below my TDEE, so it isnt too far below.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    you are becoming one of my favorite posters.

i have a question... my weight loss is stuck scale wise but i'm still seeing lots of changes in measurements and clothes. should this this be considered a plateau? if so should i just wait until the scale catches up, or should i try eating a maintenance for a few weeks?

also for a bit of info, my calorie goals are set anywhere from 500-800 calories below my TDEE, so it isnt too far below.

Well it depends, the way I see it, it could mean you could keep going that way for a couple of months, until less visual changes would appear ; supposing you are in a plateau (remember our variation margin)
    If so, you can from now on already think about what you want to achieve.

If you want to slowly burn fat, but focus on putting muscles instead, enough to update your shape, go for a surplus directly

if you are not interested by the visual changes then consider the maintenance strategy before you hit by yourself the limits of the evolutions you could yourself be able to have
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump - thanks so much, I'll have to give this a try. :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Bump - thanks so much, I'll have to give this a try. :)
    sure let me know how it's going. So we could adjust afterwards ;)