THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 23

Options
Welcome, welcome, welcome! If you are new to this group, we are always open to new people at any time. Just jump right in and start chatting away! If you've been here before, welcome back, we're so glad you came back !!

Although it's not a requirement for you to do this, we do weigh in on Fridays, and post our info like this:
username - SW 222 GW 111 CW 200 - 2 pound loss

Cut and paste the list from the previous post and add yours to the bottom.

We weigh in and talk about how we're doing not as a way to beat ourselves up over mistakes, or to be beaten up for mistakes, but to have accountability in our exercise and eating. However, Lulu has a padded slipper which she'll use on anyone making "excuses" rather than owning up and taking responsibility!

Some of this group have been here 23 weeks, some have been here 1. It doesn't matter, all are welcome. It's a great group of people who encourage, support, laugh and sometimes cry together.

Replies

• tk4a
    tk4a Posts: 4
    Options
    Im not sure how to use this but i do want to join blogging in every friday
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    I think I heard Lulu is on vacation. Does anyone have her slipper?:noway: I was camping last week and induldged. I'm not posting food details because that would be cruel and unusual punishment to all of you. Sometimes with all the food restrictions I have (for my health) I just need to throw caution to the wind and just live a little. :drinker: The day following the camp trip the mean ol scale showed up 10 (told you i could hold some water). Today I register up 1.8.

sw 277/cw 232.2/gw 164 +1.8
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning team,

Its hot as heck outside but i am about to go for my 8 mile bike ride then off to my daddys to weigh in!!! check back in a bit!!!

April - 3 more days!!! wooo hooo

bbs

sheila
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Haven't weighed myself yet, but I had to come and find the new thread...

Good morning, everyone.
    Good luck on the scales today!
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    I worked really hard this week didn't miss a work out and did two yoga classes but the weight didn't move. I'm not with out though. I lost an inch in the waist and hips so I'm happy for being smaller and gaiing muscle.

Any how here it is.
    SW 198, GW 135, CW 172 = no change
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Well I don't know how I did it in one day...but went from 197.6 to 195.7.
    I will take it and not complain...I am sure it won't continue, but it sure is encouraging.

That's it for me...ttyl later...

Button
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Happy Friday! And no matter what the weighs ins are it is FRIDAY and the weekend is here. This starts a new week and a new opportunity to learn and grow. Love and hugs to all who had a hard week.

Prayerful mom: You need to let loose once in a while. It's ok. You seem lke you've had some stress this past week because you said something earlier about needing some balance. So you balanced one way this week and this coming week you can balance back the other way. It will all come back to center soon. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. And in life God doesn't give us any more than we can handle. Therefore he has equipt us to handle it... we just need to tap into that equipment. Balance will return!

About my date last night. He was nice enough and polite enough and really good looking. BUt something didn't feel right. He talked and talked about himself and martial arts. But it just didn't ring true to me. I felt like he wa bull****ing me totally. I asked him how old he was because he looked younger. He asked me how old I was and I said I asked first. He said 50. I am 50 so that would be cool IF he looked 50 but he didn't look a day over 35. He kept trying to get me to let him come to my house to watch a movie. Several times he asked about coming to my house. He just creeped me out. I shook the whole time we talked. Usually I shake the first few minutes then stop, but we spent 2 hours together and I shook the whole time. I wonder if I can log that as excercise!

Anyway better luck next time LOL I know God has plans for me, I just have to be patient. BUt I've been single 12 yrs and I really want someone in my life, so I hope God hurrys up and sends me the right person.

I lost 1 lb this week. The weight is coming off slowly now so I am going to have to work a lttle harder if I m going to lose 25 lbs before going to Vegas. I only have 68 days til I go.

crazybeerx sw 269;gw 175; cw 254.7 lost 1 lb
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    prayerfulmom - sw 277/cw 232.2/gw 164 +1.8
    manda - SW 198, GW 135, CW 172 = no change
    buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    crazybee- sw 269;gw 175; cw 254.7 lost 1 lb
    adopt4 - sw 273; cw 230.2; gw 165, down almost a pound

Remember guys to cut and paste the list and then add yours to it. I'm down almost a pound, which is wonderful, I just lowered my calorie intake yesterday, so it was a hard day for me, and I feel like I'm carrying around a 10 pound bowling ball in my gut (tom) so I'm thrilled to see downward movement.

I'm beginning to notice a pattern of being tired in the afternoon, take a nap, then up late... and I think it might be low blood sugar. A snack doesn't seem to help fast enough. I need to start testing when I get tired and see if that's it, and then figure out if I"m eating too big of a lunch, or too high carbs, and that's the crash, or if I just need to eat a snack earlier.

Had hubby take pics last night, wearing the same shirt but different pants as the first one (but they're just as tight!). Can't find my original pictures so need to hunt them down. I'm not ready to post them yet, they are NOT flattering (not supposed to be, I want to see what I really look like) but I am curious to compare after month 1 and after month 5.

The next two weeks are going to be pretty awful for me and hubby. Him, because he's going to be working so much and has a sales conference this week, people coming in from all over the world he's got to schmooze, and the following week, a training class which he developed and he oversees, people pay a lot of money to take this class and get certified, so he keeps a close eye on it. Me because well, 3 little boys... no break... argh! :laugh: But I have plans for the boys to keep them busy, so hopefully I have enough ideas. The people coming in from Europe this weekend (he oversees the Europe support team) want him to take them here and there... he's developed a reputation for good BBQ so we might do that on Sunday, but it's going to be spur of the moment if we do - meaning the house has to be cleaned just in case! I do like meeting the people from Europe though, LOVE the British accents and the humor is so dry..

Oh oh and good news (finally) from his work front - he's going to Vegas!! He gets to be a keynote speaker at a conference!! That's so awesome! I'm so proud of him! And there's a good chance he'll go to London the following month for an international conference! I'm jealous I can't go with him, but I'm glad he's FINALLY getting some recognition for what he's done there!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    oh and deb - TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. If something seems off... it is. If someone creeps you out, there's a reason (unless everyone creeps you out, LOL).

I don't know if I've ever told anyone here this but years ago I had a mass murder thing happen at work, and I didn't trust my instincts with the guy, everyone else was scared of him, and I confronted him on some things... could very well have cost me my life. He killed 7 people before he was caught, thank goodness some people believe in having guns for protection and one guy saved his family's life by shooting him when he broke in... but the guy was wearing a bullet proof vest so it didn't hurt him. He did die in jail a couple years ago though. I was terrified he'd come find me when he got out... he killed the father of a girl who turned him down for a date 20 years prior!!! She had moved to Hawaii so he killed her dad instead. I mean this guy could hold a grudge. Anyone who he felt wronged him he decided to go kill, made a list, and started on it. A lot of collateral damage, too, children, etc. He's the reason I ended up in the PacNW, to get as far away from Ohio as I could.

So yeah, I'll never again tell anyone who's creeped out by someone that they're just being silly.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    cyndeebee - SW 136 GW 115 CW 126.5 down half a pound

Wow, adopt4...Scary story! I don't normally say stuff like this, but I'm glad he died in jail. I'll bet you rest easier, too.
    And I totally agree about trusting your instincts. I've been single long enough to know...There are some very creepy guys out there. Go with your feelings, Debbie.

Going for lunch now. I need to find me some comfort food...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    Losingit4good: back down to 215 now that aunt flo has left.. LOL

Went to the buffet for dinner last night. The inlaws took us out and we didnt have much choice on "where" but I did manage to behave myself. I had a salad first and avoided piling on anything but veggies. Stuck to the ff ranch dressing and watched how much of that went on there. They had this baja lime chicken there that I coulda totally scarfed on, but i limited myself to a tiny piece of that and a piece of baked fish, then I decided if I was gonna get dessert... I better do it or I was gonna be too full to enjoy it! LOL So I did dessert of fat free/ sugar free vanilla ice cream with a little bit of the hot fudge molten lava cake (my weakness)

I have 1 kitten left now and he leaves tomorrow. Hes a SPAZZ!! Reminds me of when anita was talking about her kittens attacking her. This little one climbs everything from speakers to curtains to the railing on the stairs and is currently enthralled with the remote to the tv....LOL When I get up in the AM now, he is all lovey dovey and purring like crazy... then once he gets his love... poof.. he turns into hell on wheels! LOL Its hilarious! I'll miss him when he leaves for his new home today...:sad:
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    ktndj82104 - sw 190, gw 140, cw 160 = no change

I have been doing good for awhile and all of a sudden i'm just not getting into my workouts. I have been doing something new but the spark isn't there. Hubby will be home from deployment soon and I should be working my butt off but i'm not. Can someone give me a kick in the ...! LOL
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey ladies. I haven't done my weigh in yet. I'm doing so bad with water today... Haven't had any. Apparently we're going out drinking tonight and I'm not looking forward to it... I love going down to the Ohio river, but not to drink!

More later.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies.....

I have a request...If you have before and after photos, could you please post them! I think seeing the changes in ourselves and others may help those of us who are struggling. I know it will for me!

Altho eating isnt my issue anymore. ts the working out part that I have been slacking with lately. Ya'll have seen my pics but for those newbies who havent... here ya go...

Before shots...

Me a year ago (July 3, 2008) in Vegas
    startrek.jpg

Me & hubby Christmas 2008
    misc265.jpg

Me the first day on MFP...
    misc006.jpg

After shots:

Me after 1 month on mfp...(8lbs gone)
    miscstuff005-1.jpg

Me after 3 months on mfp...(it says 4, but I typoed... april would have been 3 months)
    month4side-222.jpg

The picture in my profile is the most current one I have and was taken a couple weeks ago. I'll get hubby to take a new full side view pic as soon as I can.

Lets get the "sucess" train moving again with seeing the results we've accomplished so far....

Who's with me??
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    crazybee- sw 269;gw 175; cw 254.7 lost 1
    pawprint-sw 167, gw 120, cw 160- 3 pound lost

I checked myself on a good scale on the 6th and my scale was pretty close to the same numbers.
    I've been trying to stay up on my walking. I have lost half an inch off my legs. I know it's working somewhere at least. I'd post pictures but I don't feel like trying to figure out how to post them right now.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm officially back at work trying to lose weight for the 2nd time. I had lost alot and when I got some bad news (cancer) about my mom, I kinda lost all my motivation and started eating again. But I knew it
    was a bad decision and just kept going and now I am trying to lose it again.

buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    kjllose= sw 191, gw 150, cw 191 just starting again

Hope this helps me stay on track. It worked the last time when I had to be accountable. See you in the posts. kjl
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Welcome newbies.

great losses bn, cb, a4, cb, l4, pp, and maintaince is certainly better than a gain manda and kt.

l4- such a great change.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    Okay team here it goes, my confession....I have been extremely busy here lately and yesterday was one of those days. I got weighed yesterday morning and had lost 2 lbs. I did really well all day and then the kids started begging to go to cici's pizza...I thought oh pizza yummy it is not that bad...So we went and I indulged. When I weighed this morning it said I was up 2 lbs. So I don't even want to post. I am back on track today so lets hope for a better week next week. I will be on vacation next week but we will be on track. Go ahead beat me with the shoe.
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Good even team!! :flowerforyou:

buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 251 = a loss of 3 lbs

Today was an awesome day!! Spent the day out on the lake with work, fished all day... then went out for dinner with the hubby, just got home and I'm beat!! Not even going to try to log in today ... I celebrated and probably gain a couple pounds :laugh: But I will work extra hard these coming days to make up for it :smile: I'm so tired now that I'm not even going to walk tonight... back at it tomorrow :smile:

Have a great night everyone!!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 251 = a loss of 3 lbs
    indianagranny sw216.2 /gw160/cw179.6 = 5.2 lbs lost (3.8 lbs water or STRESS weight that went fast)

Congratulations everyone on your losses or maintaining. Going to try to be more accurate logging next week and getting more back into exercising - lacking motivation there. Suppose to be hot and muggy so gonna take a lot in that department. Any suggestions help or if Adopt4 or Lulu wants to WHACK me
    Went shopping today to get some clothes for work. Splurged and got a few other things - was getting desparate in the clothes department.