STARTING TO WORRY

Options
12346»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're swapping fat for muscle, but you're not doing THAT much activity and only half of it is muscle building.
    Based on everything I've read and experienced, that is not enough activity for fat loss. Try to spend at least and hour on those days. Try 30 min cardio, 30 min strength. Personally I do 30 min cardio and 1 hour of strength, but what ever. Up it. And make sure your protein and healthy fats are sufficiently high.

Stick with it.

You can lose weight doing ZERO exercises. Its all about calorie deficits (and water weight!) whether that be created by eating less or exercising more.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am 5 6" and it was saying I was overweight when I was in a size 6. The BMI is often total cr*pola and I am not sure why insurance companies hold such stock in it - it really is not an indicator of health.

Because they can get more money out of you, why else?

Now, that there is realistic cynicism - I totally agree.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The number is NOT IMPORTANT! You are losing inches and gaining endurance. This is what counts. Most likely you have gained a few pounds of muscle at the expense of fat, which is EXACTLY what you want!

Trust me you are on the right track!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP: how long have you been doing strength training (heavy lifting)? And did you do any before that?