Upper flappy granny arms :(

Options
13»

Replies

• RaysfanATL
    RaysfanATL Posts: 94
    Options
    Overhead Tricep extensions. I have the same issue, but found a great exercise! I do this while sitting down. I take a 10lb weight, and hold it straight up just behind my head. I slowly lower it behind my head, and lift straight up again. I do 10 reps, 3 times on each side. I already see a huge difference!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    If you still have fat in your arms, then you need to continue losing weight overall. It also may be that your genetics predispose you to have more fat in your arms than average and no matter how much weight you lose that will always be a problem area.

As for the flabbiness, I would do exercises that work the triceps, such as the triceps dip and the triceps dumbbell overhead pullover. If you have access to a gym, try the triceps cable pull down exercise. That's the under part of the arm, btw.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I've been working on mine. I'm ashamed of what they look like here is a pic. I'm lifting weights, and trying some different things. I'll post when I see results.
    I thought if I posted this you guys would feel better about your arms, because I'm sure mine are worse! LOL
    0323120844.jpg
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    My flabby arms went away when I lost the fat on them (I am 51 so I had the serious matronly look a few years ago when I was about 70% BF), and while bands and body weight workouts are good all women should do a good overall resistance training program to keep their bones strong. When you do one exercise like tricep extensions then you will not be balanced. An awesome workout for women is called the "Venus Index Workout", you can find it on google. I get nothing for it, I just happen to love it because women of all levels can do it with dumbbells and a bench and it's a good overall workout that gives women an good look as well as overall bone health, and it's different every day so you don't get bored, and you only have to do it 3 days a week. A lot of fitness trainers could probably come up with equally good programs but the Venus workout is a one time price and it's yours rather than paying a fitness trainer even more money for the same type of thing.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Push up Challenge google the (The 100 Push up Challenge), Dips, kickbacks and Tricep Extension's.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump for ideas..Tks
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Push up Challenge google the (The 100 Push up Challenge), Dips, kickbacks and Tricep Extension's.

Doing the pushup challenge now with incline pushups....and hopefully I'll be ready for full ones soon.

My arms are the same size they have always been since I started, but they are getting firmer. Strength training works.....
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    But the thing is, I'm just not losing on my arms. It seems it's the only place that's the same, even now where I keep losing weight.

it will take time, but keep at it. I have been back in the gym for 3.5 months now....and I have slowly been adding weight machines to my workout. Last week I realized that I now have definition in my biceps, and my triceps don't wiggle quite as much. Will they ever stop wiggling? probably not...but they won't keep waving for 5 minutes after I stop :)