What supplements do u take?

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
I take a one a day women's vitamin, vitamin d
I was thinking about cla and ala any opinions on that?

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I took CLA for about 4 weeks. Can't say that I really noticed much from it. If you have the extra money I don't guess it hurts but I always feel like money would be better spent on quality foods.

I take a fish oil, multi, creatine, and a preworkout.
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B is great to add to your diet. It helps with stress and with your body converting food into energy, rather than storing it.
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also didn't notice any changes with CLA.
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I take a multi, coral calcium with D, biotin and a probiotic.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Multi Vitamin, Vitamin C when I feel like I am about to catch a cold, L-Glutamin, and Flaxseed
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin, Omega 3 fatty acid supplement. For a time, I took Vitamin D because I had a deficiency.

I once took Glucosamine, because it was supposed to help with joints, but I didn't notice a difference. My doctor said the studies he'd read indicated that the results were inconclusive and that if I hadn't seen an improvement in 30 days it probably wasn't going to work.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    One a day women's multi, omega-3 oil, chromium, vitamin b sublingual and ACV.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I take a food rich multi-vitamin (capsule, hard pills don't really absorb well) 3 times a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner), a fish oil 3 times a day, and I drink an Emergen-C every day. I can definitely notice when I'm slacking on my vitamins, especially the fish oil, because it really helps with my tendonitis issues.

I got told a kinda gross story by my nutritionist about those Centrum 1-a-days...they are a hard pill, and the glues and bonding agents used to hold the pill together aren't really things your body knows how to digest. So anyway, she was volunteering for some outdoor event where they used port-a-potties. When she had to go in and clean them, she would see almost whole vitamins in the toilet. Turns out that by the time they pass through your digestive system, your body hasn't been able to break them down enough to absorb the nutrients. So, you poop most of the vitamin out. Sorry for the gross story, but it's good to know! Taking liquid vitamins or a capsule made of natural ingredients is a much better way to actually absorb the vitamins you're taking :)
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I only take them if I don't think I have managed to get enough naturally through food throughout the day. In my cupboard though are a multivitamin with iron, calcium with vitamin D, zinc and fish oils
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I took CLA for about 4 weeks. Can't say that I really noticed much from it. If you have the extra money I don't guess it hurts but I always feel like money would be better spent on quality foods.

I take a fish oil, multi, creatine, and a preworkout.

this.... also tried CLA and likewise can't notice any difference. also add calcium to the list.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Fish oil 1000 mg, Magnesium 200 mg, B complex. A protein/fiber drink most days. The rest is in the food and regular outdoor exercise. I suppose Flaxseed, wheat germ, and Chia seeds could be considered supplements, but they are a food I eat daily. Whey protein mixed with almond milk when I have a low protein day from time to time.

For the joints, glucosamine never really impressed me with results. But an anti-inflammatory diet has been impressive in that category.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Twinlab Daily ones with iron, flaxseed oil, and Muscle Milk after lifting ;) I need to be taking glucosamine again...but dayum those things are hard on my belly :(
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Twinlab Daily ones with iron, flaxseed oil, and Muscle Milk after lifting ;) I need to be taking glucosamine again...but dayum those things are hard on my belly :(

glucosamine

Yes...I take that too...crap...I forgot because I haven't taken it in a few days.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Women's Multi, Iron and a B12 chewable. I was tired of the sublinguals so I changed. We'll see when my Dr does a panel today. And a Muscle Milk post workout.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I take a food rich multi-vitamin (capsule, hard pills don't really absorb well) 3 times a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner), a fish oil 3 times a day, and I drink an Emergen-C every day. I can definitely notice when I'm slacking on my vitamins, especially the fish oil, because it really helps with my tendonitis issues.

I got told a kinda gross story by my nutritionist about those Centrum 1-a-days...they are a hard pill, and the glues and bonding agents used to hold the pill together aren't really things your body knows how to digest. So anyway, she was volunteering for some outdoor event where they used port-a-potties. When she had to go in and clean them, she would see almost whole vitamins in the toilet. Turns out that by the time they pass through your digestive system, your body hasn't been able to break them down enough to absorb the nutrients. So, you poop most of the vitamin out. Sorry for the gross story, but it's good to know! Taking liquid vitamins or a capsule made of natural ingredients is a much better way to actually absorb the vitamins you're taking :)

I've seen it too, it's astonishing!! I was more "grossed out" by the body not breaking them down. It's really something. I was taking a VitaPak capsuled stuff but the Paks were becoming too expensive. I'll probably restart when I decide to have a family. They're convenient and my body really responded to them!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options

glucosamine

Yes...I take that too...crap...I forgot because I haven't taken it in a few days.

You guys are way too young to have chronic joint problems (unless there has been injury involved)
    Check this out below. Hope it can work for you also.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/a/antiinflamfood.htm

While it may not solve all problems, it certainly won't be harmful.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I take Chromium, Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin D and then sometimes cod liver oil, zinc, magnesium :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Multi, fish oil, cla, creatine,
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    cod liver oil, creatine, and whey.
    also, bananas and coffee is that counts :)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    alli