Male gym attire. What do you think?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This thread is actually making me want to go to the gym.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    These pretzels are making me thirsty.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Why do these posts always pop up for women? Why are you watching other people so much at the gym? Get in thrash it out get lost.

So have you seen what some men wear to they gym?

Shell suits

Track suits so big they look like they might faint from heat exhaustion

Skinny little vest for their big tight muscles

Dodgy Canvas shoes, cos after all they aren't here to do cardio just pump it up

The wierd one in the martial arts tshirt you know has never seen a dojo in his life

The guy in a cap(your indoors dude and it's hot)

The guy with odd stains you wonder if he ever washes his kit

How do you have time to look at the women?
    Seems like you spend an awful lot of time concerning yourself with what men wear when lifting for someone that claims to "get in thrash it out get lost".
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym, I'd say he's probably in his mid 40s, but he doesn't know that it's no longer 1986. He rocks some brightly colored spandex shorts, a tank top of his own fashioning, a fanny pack (to hold his WALKMAN), and the old school walkman headphones. Black Reebok high-tops, and scrunched down socks. Also a vividly colored sweatband.

When I say walkman, I literally mean an old school casette tape playing walkman. He JAMS that thing too, I often catch him dancing between sets. That guy is my favorite.

That's just too funny. I wonder if he's listening to Olivia Newton John on that. In the winter, does he have on leg warmers?

I haven't seen leg warmers (mostly because it's cold here for like 2 days), but my guess is that he's listening to some old Michael Jackson, based on his dance moves. He's basically my hero.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym, I'd say he's probably in his mid 40s, but he doesn't know that it's no longer 1986. He rocks some brightly colored spandex shorts, a tank top of his own fashioning, a fanny pack (to hold his WALKMAN), and the old school walkman headphones. Black Reebok high-tops, and scrunched down socks. Also a vividly colored sweatband.

When I say walkman, I literally mean an old school casette tape playing walkman. He JAMS that thing too, I often catch him dancing between sets. That guy is my favorite.

That's just too funny. I wonder if he's listening to Olivia Newton John on that. In the winter, does he have on leg warmers?

I haven't seen leg warmers (mostly because it's cold here for like 2 days), but my guess is that he's listening to some old Michael Jackson, based on his dance moves. He's basically my hero.

hahaha! I want to see that! That would be awesome... sure beats the creepazoids that just stare at me or the jerks that hog the weights.
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like the men who are well-built and wear shirts with the sleeves cut off, but the hole is so big I can see all the way in. Abs, baby. It's like the male equivalent of cleavage. :smokin: I also like a nice-fitting pair of basketball shorts, cause they're shiny which makes it apparent if a guy has that side-butt indentation. :glasses: I'm such a creeper.

except the one guy at MY gym that dresses like this is so hairy you can't tell if his ripped or not!! :noway: :sick:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    These pretzels are making me thirsty.

They should have picked you over Cosmo, and then Woody wouldn't have gotten that glass in his eye.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Why do these posts always pop up for women? Why are you watching other people so much at the gym? Get in thrash it out get lost.

So have you seen what some men wear to they gym?

Shell suits

Track suits so big they look like they might faint from heat exhaustion

Skinny little vest for their big tight muscles

Dodgy Canvas shoes, cos after all they aren't here to do cardio just pump it up

The wierd one in the martial arts tshirt you know has never seen a dojo in his life

The guy with odd stains you wonder if he ever washes his kit

How do you have time to look at the women?

How do you have time to look at the women? You've obviously never been to a gym in San Diego? How do you NOT have time to look at the women? Stop wearing spandex and sports bras and I'll stop. Girls like you make me laugh.

I'm quoting the whole thing to make sure to get my point across <end>

I'm quoting the whole thing to show you that you still dont have a point.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

There is a guy at my gym that looks, and dresses exactly like Wesley Snipes from white men can't jump, right down to the flip brim nylon hat.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i think all men should wear hats in the gym, im tired of seeing sweat drops everywhere, at least get a headband. ya nasty muffakas haha...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I don't look at the guys so.........
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My guess is that those guys are probably just training for the Zombie Apocalypse. Never know where you'll be when it starts so you might as well train for all occasions. Forward thinking if you ask me.
    The only weird thing I've noticed about men is the large number of them in jeans with belts. How is that comfortable? I've seen them at the gym, but I also saw one running (RUNNING!) at a local park.

Also, there was a guy who used to walk by the elliptical every five minutes a few years ago who came in khakis and loafers.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

that's why we wear a hat/beanie. it's hot in the gym and we'd rather not have sweat running down our face then entire time.

But do you wear cutoff t-shirts and shiny gym shorts? :glasses:

sometimes. but i'd rather buy a shirt with no sleeves than spend an hour cutting one up to make it look like it took me 2 minutes to rip the sleeves off. that's just weird imo.

Does it take that long? :huh:
    I'll rip your shirt up for you. :bigsmile:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    The weightlifters in my gym all wear cut-off Tap-out and Affliction shirts. I think might have finally gotten rid of the Ed Hardy's...
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at my gym who works out in dress shoes, dress trousers, button down shirt and sweater. He makes me sweat just to see him.
    Other than him, everyone seems to wear baggy shorts/sweat pants and football shirts.
    Well apart from one of the trainers who has a side line as a male model/actor. He's VERY distracting. When he demos crunches on a swiss ball I tend to drool.:blushing: :laugh: