Dr.OZ show anyone????

Options
2»

Replies

• beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I can't really listen to a guy who promotes a different diet/weight loss plan/blah blah every day.
    While some of the things he says are interesting - he's paid to say them.. so it's to be taken with a grain of salt.
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    his remedies with there workout routine

Quackery for sure
  • babicak3z
    babicak3z Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    his remedies with there workout routine

Quackery for sure
    okie dokie
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    He's full of it
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    okie dokie

You've got it ! :)
  • longleggedgiraffe
    Options
    I agree with you..alot of what the Doc says is good advice but try to eat right and exercise.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    After watching his show several times I've come to the conclusion the majority of his studio audience are women who want a quick, lazy-person fix. Most every one he pulls down from the audience are over weight women who have some "issue" that could be fixed through a proper diet and exercising. They're convinced that taking a specific supplement, taking a cold shower or eating a bean soup will make them suddenly lose weight. If you've watched enough of his shows you'll realize the weight loss "techniques" he gives pretty much forces a person to lose weight by unknowingly eating less food (what we're all doing here to some degree here).

He might be a quack, he might not but I'd take what he suggests with a grain of salt. Use common sense, eat right and exercise you'll get where you want to be.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I happened to see this episode today. Funny enough, I watched it out of curiosity because there's so much chatter about him on the boards. I couldn't believe how much nonsense he could fit in to an hour!

Grapefruit and apple cider vinegar, then hot sauce, then a 30 second plank, then magic cellulite cream, then a raspberry and chocolate smoothie, then the elastic band flies, then magic swimsuits with extra lycra....

Never did he mention LOSING BODY FAT to lose the belly! WTF?

ETA: Oh yeah, and egg whites and papaya combo....I'm sure there's a few more I missed.
    yea this is the reason why i watched him i constantly hear people talking about him and his show and what he has done for oprah etc etc so i watched to see what the hype was about and i was shocked that he didnt make exercising a main priority but i also wanted to know who have used his remedies with there workout routine

Him and Oprah and Dr Phil are all the same, do not forget this when you watch them: THEY MAKE MONEY IF THEY GET YOU TO BUY STUFF. They are not trying to help you, teach you or inform you. They are trying to SELL TO YOU.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    There are 2 kinds of people on MFP. Those who listen to Dr. Oz, and those who actually get results.
    This may be the best post in the history of posts. :drinker:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    There are 2 kinds of people on MFP. Those who listen to Dr. Oz, and those who actually get results.

QFT
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    After watching his show several times I've come to the conclusion the majority of his studio audience are women who want a quick, lazy-person fix.
    So, you're saying his studio audience is made up of typical Americans?
  • RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is, let's just say.....A QUACK!!! lol

AGREED!!!!!!! I work in a pharmacy and get so tired of everyone coming in looking for the miracle weight loss & fat burning pills. Good Grief!