Do I have to eat excerise calories the same day?

Options
2»

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't eat below my BMR and I will work with a weekly goal instead of daily. So if I am over one or two days, technically I am not over. On rest days I always seem to be hungrier or days after I lift.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I had that happen to me this week. Had a special event. Did not get to work out. Ended up being over that day by 900. So the rest of this week I am trying to be under a little each day to make up for it. But! I would not want to do this all the time like every week.
  • madmex569
    madmex569 Posts: 49
    Options
    U can use those calories whenever u want. If u burn the calories during exercise, they r gone. U don't lose that work u did. 3500 cal in a pound. If u have a deficit then u lose the weight. good job.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I definitely don't eat below my BMR and I will work with a weekly goal instead of daily. So if I am over one or two days, technically I am not over. On rest days I always seem to be hungrier or days after I lift.

Same here. Always hungrier on rest days! Lol!
  • hesu0501
    hesu0501 Posts: 1
    Options
    So I am new to all of this....

what's the point in eating your exercise calories? Are you supposed to? Don't you not eat them back, otherwise your exercise was pointless?

Sorry, I am clueless!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I look at my weekly calories. On Sat, my long run is anywhere from 10-15 miles so there is no way I can eat all those calories back in 1 day. Well, I could but it wouldn't be healthy so I have to spread them throughout the next week. Try it and see how it works for you.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    So I am new to all of this....

what's the point in eating your exercise calories? Are you supposed to? Don't you not eat them back, otherwise your exercise was pointless?

Sorry, I am clueless!

It depends on how you're doing things. If you're using MFP's recommended calorie goal then yes, eat them back. Watch your net calories...keep that at the recommended level. If you set your own goals then perhaps no.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I think it would be more beneficial to look at things on a daily basis. All of our days aren't perfect....some will be low, some will be high. Do your best to keep it close, and see where the week ends up. Playing catch up and carry over just complicates things, IMO. "Today is a new day" has served me well over the years.