so off topic!!!

Options
i dont know what it is...but my older son and hubbie keep talking about this Dec 21 2012..that the world is going to end and i keep telling them to stop it because for one it scairing the hell out of me and my youngest son...its not funny and i pray to God that its not true...does anyone know anything about this?????

Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I've heard of this speculation. But, if you think about it people have been predicting the end of the world since time on. None of us really know!!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Wasn't it supposed to end in the 80s too? :laugh:

exercise.png
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Yeah... that's where the Mayans calendar ended... but come on... they had to stop at SOME point. If you believe the Bible, you believe Matt 24:36 that "NO ONE knows the day or the hour" and Luke 12:40 that Jesus will come at an hour "you do not expect". So that pretty much guarantees He WON'T come 12-21-2012, meaning the world will either end before then or after then, but no... it won't end Dec 21, 2012.

But I gotta say... I'm ready no matter when the world ends and it doesn't scare me in the least. If you'd be interesting in talking about why I feel that way and studying together, let me know! :flowerforyou:
  • jessicael
    jessicael Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    haha! :laugh: Remember Y2K, all the computers were going to crash and it was going to be the end of the world!!?? Hm, 9 years later and we're still here...there's always speculation but only God knows that one :wink:
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    Yeah... that's where the Mayans calendar ended... but come on... they had to stop at SOME point. If you believe the Bible, you believe Matt 24:36 that "NO ONE knows the day or the hour" and Luke 12:40 that Jesus will come at an hour "you do not expect". So that pretty much guarantees He WON'T come 12-21-2012, meaning the world will either end before then or after then, but no... it won't end Dec 21, 2012.

But I gotta say... I'm ready no matter when the world ends and it doesn't scare me in the least. If you'd be interesting in talking about why I feel that way and studying together, let me know! :flowerforyou:

***I think this is a fantastic response to this question. It's a great idea to look to the Bible for answers when we are scared about something. Trust in the Lord your God...he will either deliver you through your trial, take your trial away completely, or carry you home. Once you know this, there is no need to be scared.
  • skywalker
    Options
    I thought religion wasn't supposed to be discussed on these sites. (not trying to start an argument)

exercise.png
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Unless that is when an asteroid is suppose to hit us, I don't think they can really predict the end of the world.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Unless that is when an asteroid is suppose to hit us, I don't think they can really predict the end of the world.

I agree :laugh:

exercise.png
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    it is also speculated because of literature written by Nostradamus, where he predicted certain events leading up to the end of the world in 2012, and researchers are linking his predictions to recent historical events....

believe what you will, but if the world is really ending in 2012, we'll all be gone so there's no reason to worry :tongue:

happy saturday everyone!!!!!!!!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    The mayans calander revolved around the sun and it kind of freaks me out because of the alignment of the planets on dec 21st 2012...I hope none of this stands true but here's an eerie site about it http://www.viewzone.com/endtime.html
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry to much about it, december 21st is the just the end of the 4th cycle, so december 22nd is the beginning of the 5th! They said that on the 21st the knowledge of the ancient Mayans will be rediscovered and it will be the dawning of a new age for mankind!
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd be more worried about Apophis in 2039!!!!!!!!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    my youngest child turns 21 on 12-21-12. weird huh?

more than just the mayan calendar has come up with that date as being significant, there is also evidence of that date in Nostradamus' prophecies, and in Chinese texts as well.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:noway: spooky

HAHA I forgot to log in as myself- this is Lucky... I'm visiting Moms and on her 'puter
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Oh boy now i have the heebie jeebies :noway: lol can we just skip the yr 2012 and go to 2013?...itll make me feel a lot safer :laugh: :laugh:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    I thought religion wasn't supposed to be discussed on these sites. (not trying to start an argument)

exercise.png

there no reason to be mean:explode: people are entitled to believe what they want
    and its not like they are pushing you or anyone else into anything that they dont want to be...it just something that i was wondering about..no reason to get people kick off this site over...
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I don't think she was trying to be mean, she was raising the 100% valid point that in the forum rules, it specifically discusses the inappropriateness of discussing religion. the original post was not about religion, it was about a prediction based on a calendar system. nobody is kicking anyone off, but not everything has a connection to the bible or the bible's opinion on something
  • skywalker
    Options

there no reason to be mean:explode: people are entitled to believe what they want
    and its not like they are pushing you or anyone else into anything that they dont want to be...it just something that i was wondering about..no reason to get people kick off this site over...

Like I said... Not looking to start an argument, not trying to be mean. I just thought religion was off limits, like politics. Both cause very strong feelings and often get out of hand. Also, I did not say whether or not I am a religious person. It was just an observation. Nothing more, nothing less.

exercise.png
  • skywalker
    Options
    I don't think she was trying to be mean, she was raising the 100% valid point that in the forum rules, it specifically discusses the inappropriateness of discussing religion. the original post was not about religion, it was about a prediction based on a calendar system. nobody is kicking anyone off, but not everything has a connection to the bible or the bible's opinion on something

Thanks for backing me and not taking my comment to heart :happy:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    ummm yummm....peanuts?:bigsmile:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    :wink: :bigsmile: