feeling down, how mch w8 did you lose before noticing

Options
124»

Replies

• acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't really notice, the only thing I notice is when I can pull in my belt loops another notch!

Don't be discouraged...12lbs is GREAT.
  • chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    heres the thing, people will eventually notice, that is true for sure. Its a journey worth taking :smile:

I have had heaps of comments recently but thats after losing 9 kg

I still have a long way to go though !
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    about 58 pounds...went to put on my favorite pair of jeans(size 22) and they fell straight to the ground...trust me it takes time...hang in there, and you will notice...AMAZING JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:)
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    At about 15 I noticed my belly and love handles were smaller. My husband noticed it in my back and arms. To me, my arms look the same, but my back is suddenly toned (I really only noticed this yesterday, and I'm 19 pounds down now). It all depends on your body shape, height, starting weight, and body awareness. Give it time, you will notice it!
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have found that it takes a pretty long time for people to notice. My own parents have not noticed my 10lb weight loss. It's okay! Don't focus on what other people say - you are doing it for YOU not them.:flowerforyou:
  • mylovesanotherkind
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs within just over a month before joining this site and my friends noticed but I didn't really. I think they only noticed because I had lost it fairly quickly and I hadn't seen them much over that period of time but I still don't notice it. I can sort of see a small difference in my face and legs but nowhere else.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice much at all, particularly when feeling discouraged, until I put a tape measure round my waist and loosen it off to what it used to be. It was only 7cm which does not sound a lot but even a couple of cm's looks massive like that!
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    ive lost 18 pounds and it doesnt notice at all yet. but i have alot to lose. but just because i cant see it i still know it has gone, and im getting closer to my goal weight
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    people notice more than i do, i think its cause we see ourself everyday, i no i AM shrinking as ive dropped 6 dress sizes but i still see the much bigger me in the mirror on most days, i would say after maybe 3-4 stone i started feeling a difference, but the i did start at 424lbs!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    it took about 25 lbs for me to go down 1 size. so i completely understand just go one day at a time and keep chugging along. i get the same way but then i remind myself of how far i have come and that i did it all by myself ( well help from trainers) but i was the one sweatin' not them ! i'm very proud that i lost all this weight and became this much stronger by myself!!!! also you won't see much difference because you look at yourself all the time. it will take people you don't see all the time to notice a difference. i'm on mat leave right now and when i work once a week one of my co-workers tells me where he notices more changes from the last time he seen me. which i really appreciate because he is very sincere in his comments.

i still have doubts and down days but i remind myself of all the above and that i have NEVER lost this kind of weight before properly.
    You'll do it, just give yourself time
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It's the Paper Towel Principle.

Every sheet in a roll of paper towel is the same size, thickness, shape. You can use half the roll before it looks any different to you though. After that, it's easier to notice it's getting smaller. Near the end, every sheet makes a difference.

Fat is kinda similar. :)

Love it!!!
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I still havent really noticed... but people started noticing at around 10 lbs
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Do this for your health. Don't do it to notice or for anyone else to notice.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!