Repetition = Success? What meals do you eat again and again?

Options
_Schatzi_
_Schatzi_ Posts: 112 Member
When it comes to exercise, my motto is "variety = success!", but I find the opposite is true with food.

As much as I like to be experimental about what I eat- I think a lot of success comes from having tried, true, and healthy meals that you don't have to think about, take little prep, and are there when you are hungry. It seems making some of these choices automatic decreases the risk of a bad decision.

I'm curious what kind of standby meals or foods you all have and am looking for new ideas!

Breakfast:

-Okios Greek Yogurt Plain with honey, granola, and blueberries or banana slices mixed in (314cal)
-Whole wheat toast topped with fried egg, ultra thin slice cheddar, 2 slices deli ham (267 cal)

Lunch:

-Pita with tuna salad, baby carrots (300)
-Whole wheat bread, 3oz deli meat, ultra thin slice cheese, dijon (329)

Dinner:
-Salad (baby Romain, grape tomatoes, green onion, avocado) + 3oz Meat of the day (mostly chicken)

Snack:
-Baby Carrots (35 cals)
-100 cal right bites
-All Natural Aged White Cheddar Popcorn (150cals for 2.5 cups)

Bonus: My awesome iced coffee which I drink almost daily.
Coffee, cold-brewed overnight in a french press, Hershey's lite syrup, almond silk (45 cal)

Replies

• _Schatzi_
    Options
    Bump?
  • viadelorosa03
    Options
    Almonds. I portion out one serving in the morning and snack periodically on them throughout the day. keeps me feeling satisfied so when I go to eat a meal or snack I can make a rational decision.
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My go to on the run breakfast is a peanutbutter and marshmallow sandwich on Sara Lee 45 cal honey wheat. Total of 320 calories! AND you can easily change it to lower the calories (one slice of bread or only one tablespoon of peanut butter or marshmallow)
  • BrucesGirlAngela
    Options
    The meal I eat again and again?

One Chicken Breast with Seasonings, 1 Cup Steam-able Brown Rice, 1 1/2 Cup Steam-able Broccoli. I mix it all together; healthy and yummy! And super super easy!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    For brunch I eat 2 servings of steel cut oats and mix in 6oz of fage fat free yogurt. I dont eat breakfeast and at lunch time at work I go for a run. Usually bannanna and apple and or lately bell peppers for snacks.
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    I repeat these dinners all the time:

Carmelized Onions + A huge serving of sauteed Vegetables (Cabbage, Asparagus, Spinach, Broccoli, Mushrooms....) + 1/2 cup noodles or rice + Fried Egg

Serving of Salmon or Trout Broiled with BBQ or Seafood Sauce + A cup of steamed green beans or broccoli + a small serving of rice

Tuna Melt and Salad

I love cooking and variety though, so I try to switch it up a little :)
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not really meals but daily staples:

Chiobani yogurt (variety of flavors)
    Nature's Promise granola bar (different flavors)
    Aurora Grail Mix 3/4 cup
    Unsweetend Tea (all kinds and lots of it)
    Fruit (banana or apple)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat cocoa roast almonds and drink a cup of soy milk nearly every day. Most days I eat hummus with an apple.

There are other foods we eat regularly, but it's not always the same meal.

We have roasted brussel sprouts at least once a week (just because I LOVE them).
    We eat fish several times a week, but it's not always the same type of fish or cooked the same way.
    We usually have roasted chicken breasts on Sundays because I use the leftovers to make my husband's lunch sandwiches to avoid the fillers in deli meat.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    my faves are:

breakfast:
    banana and rusks,
    cornflakes with soy milk and strawberries,
    quinoa soufflé with soy milk,
    strawberries with soy yogurt

lunch:
    seitan with lettuce and soy sauce,
    whole wheat pasta with tomato,
    tofu with soy sauce and sesame seeds,
    cous cous with vegetables

dinner:
    oatmeal with soy milk and a tsp of cinnamon,
    1/2 avocado and a soy yogurt

snacks:
    apple,
    fruit salad,
    cornflakes,
    a packet of rice crackers,
    grapefruit,
    banana
    (I snack a lot!!!)
  • dbattles0182
    Options
    The easiest thinng I like to eat and can't go wrong is chicken and steam veggies. Broccoli is my favorite of course but I do need to explore other veggies.
  • tigerlily_82
    tigerlily_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have an egg white and veggie omelet
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    1 cup pure egg whites from Egg Whites International mixed with 1 cup skim milk and 1 tbsp sugar-free hershey's syrup. Tons of protein, some good carbs and a sweet little kick to top it off. Sip that dude first thing in the morning and I'm good to go!
  • mdmomof4
    mdmomof4 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

Vans gluten-free waffle with 1Tbsp natural peanut butter and banana
    Gluten-free Rice cereal with soy milk and fresh berries
    Think Thin protein bars or Lara bars

Lunch/dinner (my lunch is almost always left over dinner):
    Any lean protein (usually salmon,trout or filet mignon) with baked sweet potato or rice and fresh vegetables
    Baked white fish (grouper, cod) with broccoli quinoa pilaf
    Shrimp and zucchini fajitas (corn tortillas)

Snacks:
    2Tbsp almonds and 2Tbsp. raisins
    Hummus w/ veggies or sweet potato chips
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    smoked salmon and scrambled egg any time of day. I buy the salmon when it's on offer and freeze it so it's not that expensive.

If I'm just cooking for myself at night it'll be a prawn stir fry or a cheese and tomato omelette

Lunch is usually a salad with ham/chicken/salami or similar

family favourite is oven baked chicken thighs and drumsticks sprinkled with tarragon and sliced lemon and a glug or two of white wine served with carrots brocoli and baby roast or steamed potatoes and the thickened juices off the chicken. Yum!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Better then oats oatmeal or a protein shake
    Lunch-chicken breast with veggies or in a salad
    Dinner-some sort of protein and veggies.
    snacks- apple w/ pb2, fage greek yogurt, raw almonds
  • _Schatzi_
    Options

Carmelized Onions + A huge serving of sauteed Vegetables (Cabbage, Asparagus, Spinach, Broccoli, Mushrooms....) + 1/2 cup noodles or rice + Fried Egg

Tuna Melt and Salad

Ooohh... I really like these two!
  • madmax0412
    madmax0412 Posts: 65
    Options
    My meals are very simple and my go to meal is the simplest:

Grilled turkey burger + grilled sweet peppers + baked sweet potato. Boring to many but I LOVE it!
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump xo
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    Dannon Oikos plain greek yogurts with my coffee in the morning, lean cuisines for lunch everyday. The lean cuisines are great because I get the variety of all the options they sell, with some repetition and control to stop me from ordering food to work.