Repetition = Success? What meals do you eat again and again?

Options

Replies

• cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of meals I love to eat regularly:

- Seitan stir fry - seitan strips, choice of veggies, mix of low sodium soy sauce and teriyaki sauce, brown rice
    - Parmesan breaded tilapia - dip tilapia fillet in egg, cover in mix of bread crumbs or cracker meal and grated parmesan; bake
    - Frittata - eggs, choice of cheese, black beans, potato, veggies, etc.; bake
    - Caesar salad - romaine with light Caesar dressing, croutons, grated parmesan and grilled chicken or shrimp
    - Greens salad - spring mix with chickpeas, apple, smoked gouda, choice of vinaigrette
    - Birds Eye Healthy Vision frozen veggies with a serving of pasta

And lots of healthy snacks:

- 1/4 cup raw almonds (1 serving size)
    - 1 reduced fat string cheese
    - 1/2 and apple sliced with about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    - Banana with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    - Cascade Farms organic granola bars (I love vanilla chip!)
    - 100 calorie granola bars
    - 1 cup of mixed berries w/ 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip Light (only 99 calories!)
    - Hummus with veggies or crackers
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I know it is boring, but every morning after boot camp i make one fried egg, two slices of turkey bacon, and one slice of toast with a little smart balance and a little strawberry jelly. Sometimes i put PB on the toast for some extra protein. OMG i love eating this for breakfast!

One of my favorite go-to snacks are tangelos. I only started eating them i the last few months but now i eat one for a snack almost everyday!
    A cup of chocolate almond milk or chobani/okios greek yougurt is also a favorite snack.

Lunch is probably my most varied meal of the day.

Dinner, I love to marinate salmon in Mr. yoshida's and then broil, or portobello mushroom sanwiches: marinate portobello mushrooms in balsamic vinegar and grill...i put everything on a cibatta roll....some gorgonzola cheese (for a nice kick!), sauteed onions, cilantro, sliced avocado...with sweet potato fries on the side. Probably my most favorite because i love mushrooms!
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    These are some easy meals/snacks that I have most often:

- Steel cut oats with a chopped banana and sprinkle of cinnamon (breakfast)
    - Brown rice with cooked veggies (eggplant, broccoli, spinach, etc) and tofu (usually lunch, sometimes dinner)
    - Slice of ezekiel bread with organic peanut butter or pb&co dark chocolate dreams or organic fruit spread (a quick pick-me-up afternoon snack or part of breakfast)
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    right now it's grilled chicken...(my kids are so sick of it!!) and a variety of oven-roasted veggies
    eggs, hard-boiled or scrambled with a to of veggies and hot sauce
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    Typical day for me:

Breakfast: Chobani yogurt with 1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries & coffee

Lunch: Cottage cheese w/ Reduced Fat Triscuits, watermelon, dried salted edamame

Dinner: Eggplant w/ tomato sauce and parmesan cheese and 1 cup steamed broccoli

Snacks: Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich or rice cake w/ peanut butter
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    I drink fresh juice & a protein bar, that's a very common breakfast I repeat.
    Or eggs & turkey bacon.

My lunch's and dinners are almost always different.
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    PB&J

made with sprouted grain bread, 1 T Natural peanut butter, and 1 T strawberry fruit spread. ... no added sugar,lots of fiber, and 290 caloies.

it's Quick and Delicious!
  • 68bushunter
    68bushunter Posts: 23
    Options
    My favorite lunch is starkist tuna, 1 tbs olive oil mayo on a italian herb and olive oil slender round. I either pair it up with some fruit, my favorite is mandarin oranges, or with some special k cracker chips.

I eat this almost everyday. Yummy!!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Bumpity for some great ideas!
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i make a big batch of quinoa, black lentils, black beans, mixed veggies and pasta sauce and it lasts me a few lunches or dinners. yummmmmo.
  • deliciouskrill
    Options
    bump! love hearing all these great ideas for days when I'm stuck.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I keep most of the same foods or type of food on hand as basics... but I rarely repeat the same meals time and time again. Most of my lunches are based off of what was for dinner the day before, but they are rarely the same thing. If I make BBQ Chicken for dinner, then lunch might be a vegetable and BBQ Chicken hash with an egg.

Snacks are usually the same for a couple of weeks, then I have to change things up because I get bored. When I get bored, I eat bad stuff. An apple with peanut butter or string cheese and turkey pepperoni are a couple go to snacks.

I have a protein shake most days after my workouts.

I NEED variety in my meals though. Just like snacks, if I get bored then I eat something bad...
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    Corn flakes every morning...and turkey sandwich for lunch.
    Supper is always varied, though.
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My go-to meals include:

Breakfast -- 2 eggs cooked in butter flavored Pam

Snack -- 1/2 banana with 1 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter slathered on top; string cheese

Lunch/Dinner -- marinated grilled chicken breasts (McCormick's tomato & herb marinade is excellent); tuna salad made with light mayo on a half of an Arnold Multigrain Sandwhich Thin; chicken chili with beans
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    I like repetition in certain items because I don't have to think about what I should have. I also eat by a schedule so it helps in calculating in the morning what I should have for my big meal of the day, which is lunch. If you check my diary, you'll see that Slim-fast, Dole fruit cups (in 100% juice), and Skinny Cow Swiss Cheese Wedges are staples in my diet for breakfast, snacks, and dinner.

I find it cool since I can basically have whatever for lunch as long as it's under 700 calories. Well, for now, since my BMR is high since I'm still large and in charge. :)
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things day after day....it is not even really intentional.

Breakfast:
    1/4 cup raspberries
    1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
    1 container of Vanilla Chocolate Chunk greek yogurt OR Caramel greek yogurt
    12-16 oz Skinny Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Latte

Lunch:
    Non-lettuce salad consisting of...
    Zucchini
    Carrots
    Cauliflower
    Broccoli
    Sugar Snap Peas
    1/2 cup Chick Peas
    Yellow Summer Squash
    2 TBLS Light Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing

Dinner:
    Mini Rigatoni with Vodka Cream Sauce (Smart Ones meal)...most nights

Evening Snack:
    3.5 cups of Skinny Pop popcorn

Afternoon Snack:
    Varies depending upon workout
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    i make a big batch of quinoa, black lentils, black beans, mixed veggies and pasta sauce and it lasts me a few lunches or dinners. yummmmmo.

Yummmm...I might have to steal this idea!
  • daeohtar
    daeohtar Posts: 6
    Options
    One of my favorite go-to things is scrambled eggs with soy sauce, different veggies, on top of rice...^^
  • lowbpoint
    lowbpoint Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i love this thread for recipes! i need to find some really good lunches to repeat, dinner I have to mix it up to feed the rest of the family, i almost wish i could find a few good things and eat them over and over but i dont want to make two dinners a night. maybe someday, hah