60 minutes 1000 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and do not get even half of what my elliptical reads. Depressing isn't it. There are some websites you can use that are closer, as well as MFP's.
  • Loraah
    Loraah Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    MFP tells me very slightly more than my elliptical does. I'm gonna look for an online calculator thanks guys
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I don't think any machine is fully accurate but I would think at a vigorous effort at your weight you would probably burn around 800-900 calories. Have you tried using any online calories burned calculators? THey can give you an idea....an average....

The only thing that is remotely accurate is the HRM though. I would get that.

I've read more than once on this site that the HRM can be relied on for the heart rate, but its calorie estimate can be way off.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible, but you have to rock it to get to 1000
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    At your weight, if you're pushing to your fullest, I think that's possible. I can burn that much in 90 minutes on my elliptical and I'm more than 100 pounds lighter than you are.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That is completely possible. It would be a tough hour though. Last night the treadmill was saying I would burn 1100calories/hour if i continued at the pace I was running. Keep up the great work!
  • Loraah
    Loraah Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I really hope it is possible or that I'm coming close to that number. It's definately a very tough hour of workout, which I did again tonight. Even if it's not 1000 I try not to always eat all of my calories from exercise, I normally go with half