What's happening where you are?

Options

Replies

• Salamanda425
    Salamanda425 Posts: 358
    Options
    Man shot by friend when prank goes wrong
    ABC2 News - 11 hours ago

ELKTON, Md. (WMAR) - A man is recovering after being shot by his best friend in a prank that went wrong. Cecil County spokesperson Lt. Michael Holmes says ...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Chinese airline to cut services to Manila

State media say a major Chinese airline will suspend some flights to the Philippines to reflect a drop in tourists traveling there amid a standoff between Beijing and Manila over territory in the South China Sea.

The official Xinhua News Agency says China Southern Airlines will cut its normal schedule of two flights daily between Guangzhou city and Manila down to a single flight on certain days, from May 26 to June 30. The report did not give further details.

The two countries have been in a standoff at Scarborough Shoal since April 10 when Philippine authorities accused Chinese boats of illegal fishing. The two countries are among six claimants of the shoal area.

China's National Tourism Administration last week issued a travel safety alert for the Philippines.
  • erinnia
    erinnia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nantwich bucks the trend as homebuyers give it stamp of approval

Housing market booms in Nantwich

NANTWICH is proving it is one of the most desirable places to live by bucking the regional housing market trend.

Nothing ever happens here - but a very pretty place all the same!!!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    These are great!!!! But I live in Canberra, the capital of Australia and its where the politicians live and it's sitting week, so no interesting news for us, just political boring stuff...

So I googled my home town and all top five were related to a stabbing a few days back. Makes my town look dangerous and sad! So I'll just continue reading yours!!!
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    "Montreal throws its support behind southern Quebec greenbelt" It's about protecting the wetlands and undeveloped lands in southern Quebec. I was sure it would be something about student protesters lol
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    'Bullish' contract talks

SPECULATION the Federal Government might walk away from plans to close power stations, potentially including several in the Latrobe Valley, has gathered momentum.

Your a Tasmanian!!! Me too, I'm kind of from Launceston, all I could find was a stabbing! Although I did find something about yoghurt and milk supplying Coles Australia wide lol.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    "Woman bit, terrier mauled during attack at Brevard's dog-friendly beach"

Not a whole lot exciting happening in Indian Harbour Beach, FL. I love it that way.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    "You too can join U2 service.

A minister will be swapping traditional hymns for tracks by rock band U2 at a communion service with a difference this weekend."

I'm very, very amused.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    "You too can join U2 service.

A minister will be swapping traditional hymns for tracks by rock band U2 at a communion service with a difference this weekend."
    I want to go! I hope the minister wears huge yellow sunglasses :laugh:
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Doctor warns dangerous bacteria lurking in Florida
    24-year-old woman contracts flesh eating bacteria
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    "Strategy to tackle dog fouling"

About time!!!!! 
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    "Zombie horde descends Tuesday"

Part of a film being shot tonight at the local Tim Hortons parking lot.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    "Zombie horde descends Tuesday"
    ^^^ Best headline so far!!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

That story about the 24 year old woman is also a headline in my town. Poor, poor girl. :ohwell: Praying for her. :heart:
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    2pq5hn9.jpg
    Oh well that's just lovely. =[
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Nothing interesting in my town, but one that I saw yesterday in a town a couple of hundred km away from me almost defined irony for me:

Pedestrian killed by hearse‎

A pedestrian died after he was struck by a hearse on its way to a funeral in Butterworth, Eastern Cape police said on Monday.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    Wards remain closed after deaths at bug-hit Royal Alexandra Hospital

Eight wards closed at Renfrewshire hospital following the deaths of four patients who were being treated for diarrhoea and vomiting.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Davenport Couple Found Dead In Victor, IA

The Iowa County Sheriff's Office released shocking information on the death of a couple from Davenport, found dead in Victor, Iowa. Authorities have determined it was an apparent a double suicide;

so sad, they were both only in their 30's :(
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

Omg!!! Where in Fl is this?
  • des02_
    des02_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    76ers edge Celtics, even series

Evan Turner made the go-ahead layup with 40.4 seconds left and Philadelphia held off the Celtics the rest of the way with six straight free throws as the 76ers evened the second-round Eastern Conference series with an 82-81 victory Monday night.