What's happening where you are?

Options

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    TITLE: 'You, sir, are a monster,' judge tells Rafferty at sentencing.

The article is about the sentencing of Rafferty, a monster who murdered and raped an eight-year-old Woodstock schoolgirl three years ago. The woman who assisted Rafferty by kidnapping the little girl for him was sentence to life imprisonment two years ago.
  • sarai79
    sarai79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Texas executed wrong man, report claims‎
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    From the Washington Post--- Alexandria is having a love affair with books.

"Alexandria, Va., tops Amazon’s list of best-read cities; Cambridge, Mass., comes in 2nd place"
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Fox News - NATO invites Pakistan to summit in Chicago‎
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Man arrested after 100 mph police chase in McKees Rocks, Pittsburgh

A man was arrested early today after police said he took off when an officer attempted to pull him over, reaching speeds of up to 100 miles per hour as he wove through Brighton Heights.

Ronald Jochymek, 44, is charged with fleeing police, reckless driving, recklessly endangering another person, summary traffic offenses and driving without a license
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Teen arrested after police trace homework left behind at burglarized home

****head kid left his USB drive behind.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Iraq veteran in Las Vegas writes rap songs to self-treat his PTSD

LAS VEGAS — On one of the many days Leo Dunson wanted to die, the Iraq veteran put a gun to his temple and pulled the trigger.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Boy loses virginity to donkey on LSD.

Errrr Say what?!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    BBB: Memorial Day Scams Target Military, Families, Supporters‎

http://northfield.patch.com/articles/bbb-memorial-day-scams-target-military-families-supporters
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Teen charged with setting fire at Schaumburg High School

A 15-year-old Hanover Park boy is charged as a juvenile with aggravated arson for allegedly starting a fire Friday at Schaumburg High School.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    AMGEN Tour to rolls through East Bay

It ends in my town. Fun stuff.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Smoked out: Old Bridge doctor ousted from medical marijuana program following license suspension
    An Old Bridge physician accused of "recklessly" prescribing painkillers and anabolic steroids, then altering patient records in the face of an investigation, has been booted from the state’s nascent medical marijuana program, health officials said Wednesday.

Nice going, Doc!
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    'Culinary Rock Star' Fieri to Drive Indianapolis 500 Pace Car
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Restaurateur, best-selling author and host of the Food Network's hit show "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" Guy Fieri will drive the 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Pace Car to lead the field of 33 drivers to start the 2012 Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 27 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Santiago, Chile

Students: "We will demonstrate tomorrow because the goverment hasn't been able to solve the real issues of the education system"
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    "Countdown to torch relay"

The Olympic Torch is coming through my village :grumble: waste of public funds, if you ask me. Build an Olympic Stadium in Greece and use THAT when the Olympics comes around, don't waste my money on a multi-billion pound building that'll lie desolate as soon as the Olympics is over.

/end rant
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Enfield football coach teaches at Liverpool FC

A young football coach from Enfield has been given the opportunity to coach a training session at the Liverpool FC Academy.

I think he goes to my gym!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options

The Olympic Torch is coming through my village :grumble: waste of public funds, if you ask me. Build an Olympic Stadium in Greece and use THAT when the Olympics comes around, don't waste my money on a multi-billion pound building that'll lie desolate as soon as the Olympics is over.

/end rant
    Isn't the idea that it goes within 10 miles of everyone's town? I'm working from home when it comes my way so I can see it :blushing:
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options

/end rant
    Isn't the idea that it goes within 10 miles of everyone's town? I'm working from home when it comes my way so I can see it :blushing:

I think so, my rant was really about the Olympic Stadium :laugh: got a bit of a beef with it :tongue: