Help! Chesty Gals/Runners

Options
124»

Replies

• scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Im 36 F and I love Freya sports bra's really hold me in, not sure if you can get Freya were you are xx

Me too. Shock Absorber as well. (I am currently a 34H)

I have never tried Shock Absorber I may give it a go :-)
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Check out Title Nine on line.... great variety, and very good descriptions. I have bought several from them and have been very pleased. ( 36DDD )
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I need some tips on sports bra shopping. After reading yet another thread on the boards, I decided to finally head to D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods and try some stuff on. I was disappointed that the expensive bras didn't seem to hold me in any better than my uni-over-the-head cheap sports bras :(

Am I supposed to try on a cup size smaller? A band size smaller? Everyone raves about these brands, but I didn't feel like they did much for me. I got frustrated with the try on process too since someone decided to secure the backs closed with the security tags (morons). In the end, I left empty handed.

I tried on various styles of Under Armor and Moving Comfort. :( HELP I don't want the girls to be saggy when I'm old lol.

If it helps at all, I normally wear a 34D in regular bra size. Thank you in advance for any help :)<3

I tried on various sizes of moving confort under armor victoria secret, lulu nike triumph sportstek....champion did it for me. One of their max support bras were pretty good. They usually come in bra sizes but this one didnt.

Go onwikipedia and look at sizing variations and make sure you size the way the manufacturer intends.

As for using a sales person...I was a sales person and I wouldn't mind. I also went to a fancy place I still buy from and still use the advice they gave me to order online. I see no problem with it...especially if the person helping you has no respect...I often purposely go out of my way to not buy it from them and get it somewhere else for cheaper.
  • hotbird
    hotbird Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like you aer a larger size and need to keep the sisters up.... Go to Title Nine. This is what they do. The catalogue/web shows how "supportive" the item is. They are more expensive than local stores, but you only need one and they work and are still pretty. Operators will assit in in all your needs. They even send out a special catalog on bra's only. lt is called (( bounce)). For the bra catalogue shopbounce.com 888-732-6862 They have something for every size. ! They also have a catalog for workout clothes and sporty items. Good Luck.
  • shae_jo
    shae_jo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty busty (34F) and used to have the same problem. I always skip the Nike or Adidas sports bra as they don't have my fit. I have pretty much stuck to this brand called Shock Absorber for the past 3 years. The day I wore my first pair and went for a run was like a miracle because my twins didnt seem to jiggle much and they stayed in place! :flowerforyou:

I swear by this brand and I'm a proud owner of 4 pairs! They have good coverage and support and can't think of one bad point about them..actually there is..you can't put them in the tumble dryer but thats just minor!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like you aer a larger size and need to keep the sisters up.... Go to Title Nine. This is what they do. The catalogue/web shows how "supportive" the item is. They are more expensive than local stores, but you only need one and they work and are still pretty. Operators will assit in in all your needs. They even send out a special catalog on bra's only. lt is called (( bounce)). For the bra catalogue shopbounce.com 888-732-6862 They have something for every size. ! They also have a catalog for workout clothes and sporty items. Good Luck.

They stop at F cup. Although I like their motto, they are barely covering the spectrum of full bust sizes. I am an H o HH. My sister is an I. K is not that uncommon either.....
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    God bless this problem. Lol. :-)

My ex used to wear two of the cheapie sports bras. That seemed to hold the girls down. And, shes pretty breasty.

Yep...I wear 2 of the compression kind. It works well and there is no bounce!
  • kimber53171
    kimber53171 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a danskin one that's pretty good. it's comfortable, but also has a wire in there. I don't run, but do tae bo which is pretty high impact. and they stay down pretty well. I think one key factor is to make sure that you are buying high impact sports bras. They are going to have better support. Danskin usually can be found even at Target and Wal-mart. Haven't tried the Champion that someone mentioned above, but I will have to give those a try.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    the other trick is to go to one of the fancy places, get fitted, find what works for you and then go home and order it online. You can often find it cheaper. I once went the fancy shmancy place in Boston called Intimacy. I don't think they had a bra under 70 bucks, but man did they know how to fit you and get the right bra on you!

This is horrible. Why would you waste the time and expertise of the sales person if you have no intention of purchasing from them? That is SO rude!!!! Please don't do this. If you want to order online, that's your decision, but remember that sales and service is something you SHOULD expect to pay a little more for!!!! Seriously... it's just rude.

take a chill pill.

i do this all the time because 9 out of 10 times the places dont have my size. the other 1 out of 10 times is them trying to sell me a different size (larger band size and smaller cup size) because that's what they have in stock. and i fell for that trick ONCE.

i ended up getting cut up shoulders because the straps dug like crazy into my skin after only one use. what was sold to me as a high impact bra for DD did not have the necessary shoulder strap width to handle high impact for H cup boobaliciousness, needless to say i was pissed and went back to the store and cursed some MFers OUT :laugh:

so to make a long story short, oif they want to sell to people with larger cup sizes hen they should have the options in the store. if i'm going to wait around for them to order it online then that's just going to give me time to check for it myself online

Ok, if they don't have something for you, that's a completely different story! I was trying to emphasize that if you CAN be fit by a store and want to use their expertise, then buy something from them! If everyone just went online we wouldn't have any stores left and I hate that people always think you can buy cheaper online so I'll just do that... nobody would have a job if we all did that! I'm not saying you can't get stuff online, but often it's not any cheaper. You may be able to find more sizes that way, this is very true, but in my opinion, you don't go in a waste an hour of someone's time and take away what may be a commission just because you think you can save a buck.
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and I SWEAR by Moving Comfort sports bras. They can be purchased online here: http://www.movingcomfort.com/

The high-impact ones really work wonders and aren't terribly expensive. The straps are incredibly comfortable and don't dig in. While the bra holds things in really well, they aren't constrictive. They also look super cute! Please, from busty gal to busty gal, try this sports bra. I used to shop around for hours without luck. This bra made running, sports, and other exercises more of a possibility for me.