Options
    :tongue: Neither.... Toyota.....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    neither. Japanese.
  • finallygettingskinny2013
    Options
    Honestly, if you own a Toyota you have no right to own a truck. They're pathetic.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Chevy. Because I have had my car for 15 years (I am the 2nd owner), it has 200,500 miles and the engine still runs like it is new! Proper maintenance helps too no matter what the make.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Neither.

But if I had to choose, I would choose Ford, because they did not accept any auto bailout money from the government.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Japanese all the way in terms of looks and performance.

The only thing chevy has is the corvette. When you get up to the nice corvettes like the ZR1 that can compete with supercars, I have to give chevy credit.
    But ford makes much nicer looking cars. And the new push towards fuel economy is really helping them. The new fusion looks great. And the GT500s have always been an amazing car. Shelby will be missed.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I've owned all makes. In my eyes they are all about equal but I've always been a ford guy. I've allways loved mustangs my dream is a '69 mach 1

380041457_c928213a6e.jpg&sa=X&ei=AnuyT9e2K8bWtgf5mPDdCA&ved=0CAwQ8wc4Dg&usg=AFQjCNEcpVbNljFAPhBaamXfArL0luMbpA
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Tough choice.
    My very first truck was a brand new 1998 S-10. It was cheap and dependable and that was about it.
    I bought a used 2001 Silverardo with almost 300,000 miles on it and it ran perfectly but there were a lot of little things wrong with it (at 300K, hard to complain.)
    I bought a 1992 fullsize Bronco for 500 bucks and it was the best 500 I ever spent.
    The 351 (5.8) engine was underpowered in my opinion but, this 4X4 would go thru ANYTHING without complaint.
    Even the auto locking hubs were trouble free,
    I am currently driving a 2001 Suburban and while it is a pig, it has more power then I will ever need.

So, in my opinion, if you are looking for a 4X4, get the Ford.
    If you are looking for a people/cargo hauler street machine, get the Chevy.
    Oh... I missed one important thing.
    You are a girl and we all know that only girls drive Japanese trucks. You might want to look into something a bit more girlie like a Toyota or something.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    JEEP! Reliable and fun!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    GMC Sierra. FTMFW

No more calls please, we got a winner here on the So Cal line :)
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Which of these two has been systematically moving jobs out of the US for the past 20+ years while their quality deteriorates?
    And then cries for help from the American taxpayer, whom they have been consistently screwing over?

That would be GM/Chevy.

Ford >> GM

My family all drives Hyundai
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Ford

Just because I have one.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first-ever american vehicle, an old Ford Ranger. So therefore, Ford is better.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you own a Toyota you have no right to own a truck. They're pathetic.

Actually, my husband has a Tacoma and it's a work horse.

I own a Ford and I heart it... that is the only reason I need.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Ford.

And it's very simple why.

GT500. Unf.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Chevy is "the heartbeat of America"
  • 00Riga00
    00Riga00 Posts: 34
    Options
    Chevy. Nuff said.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Ford, I have an F250 4x4 that ummmm sits in the driveway and gets driven like once a month :laugh:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You can't beat a classic Mustang... but the Fords I've had were crap... I'm now driving & loving my Jeep Wrangler & Mr. G's Challenger...
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    FORD..Never owned anything else...

Liked them even more when they didn't take bailout money :wink:

Heard a good one the other day...

GMC= Government motor company :laugh: