The lie she told me today...and what lie were you told

Options
MrsLVF
MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
She thought I couldn't see what she was doing while she was hiding behind the refrigerator door. But in the crack I saw her take the cap off the milk & drink it right out of the jug, even heard her swallowing it. She closed the door and said she was just looking for her lunch box. But I told her I saw her & heard her drink the milk . I hate being lied to, even if it is by a 10 year old that I'm watching (in her house) and most likely I won't bring it up to the parents.

What lie have you heard today?

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Oh honey come on it will only take a few minutes. Now i am running late.. Sheesh
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Oh honey come on it will only take a few minutes. Now i am running late.. Sheesh

:laugh:
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

Yeah, never heard that one before!

My 9 year old is going thru a phase - I could go on and on. The one I hear the most - "it wasn't me!"
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    She told me that she was going to the gym. Why shower and put perfume on before going? Obviously a lie.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Me to a co-worker, regarding getting a key out of another co-workers desk:

"I'm sure he'd LOVE you going through his drawers." :laugh: :bigsmile:

Her back to me:

"omg u guys are so dirty minded! lol"
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    She thought I couldn't see what she was doing while she was hiding behind the refrigerator door. But in the crack I saw her take the cap off the milk & drink it right out of the jug, even heard her swallowing it. She closed the door and said she was just looking for her lunch box. But I told her I saw her & heard her drink the milk . I hate being lied to, even if it is by a 10 year old that I'm watching (in her house) and most likely I won't bring it up to the parents.

When I was a kid, and the adults around me had ridiculous requirements, I learned to be sneaky.

What on earth is wrong with a child drinking some milk, and why does she think she needs to hide it? More interesting questions, to my POV.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My friends keep telling me the following:

"No, you can't do that fasting thing because you will eat too many carbs at night and get all fat." {WRONG}

"We, as women, have to lift low weight and high reps or we'll get all ugly and bulked up." {DOUBLE WRONG}

"You have to start doing pilates with us so you can get lean... all that walking isn't good for you. You don't want to look bad when you lose all that weight." {SUPER EXTRA DOUBLE WRONG & 'they' haven't lost a damn ounce!!!!}
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I was told that Alli worked wonders to help me loose wait. Now I can't stop sh*tting my brains out.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has lied to me today.

...But then, I've only talked to 4 people, 3 of them colleagues. :laugh:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Will be down in 2 minutes ................

10 minutes later UGH
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I was told that Alli worked wonders to help me loose wait. Now I can't stop sh*tting my brains out.

Just spit my coffee back into my mug.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

The packaging suggests to wear dark pants, right? Ya know, to keep your Airliner sized skidmark "leakages" well concealed.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    from my hubbie, ":I only had 1 beer"......there are 6 emptys on the couter
  • Whooleeah
    Whooleeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options

yup hear this several times a week:laugh:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Just spit my coffee back into my mug.

That's my first lie of the day^^^ No you didn't. :laugh:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    from my hubbie, ":I only had 1 beer"......there are 6 emptys on the couter
    Your hubbie has a couter, and 6 empty beer cans fit in it? Wow!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Women get bulky when they lift heavy
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    ITS A STATE OF EMERGENCY!! .... really lady I dont care how much you plead and LIE im not giving you an expired RX get an updated exam... SMH
  • bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options

bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

When I was a kid, and the adults around me had ridiculous requirements, I learned to be sneaky.

What on earth is wrong with a child drinking some milk, and why does she think she needs to hide it? More interesting questions, to my POV.
    Drinking it out of the container is the problem.