The lie she told me today...and what lie were you told

Options

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options

When I was a kid, and the adults around me had ridiculous requirements, I learned to be sneaky.

What on earth is wrong with a child drinking some milk, and why does she think she needs to hide it? More interesting questions, to my POV.
    [/quote]
    Nothing is wrong with her drinking milk, but most people use a cup, I don't know of anyone that says sure drink that straight from the gallon. She must have thought she'd be in trouble. But It's not my gallon of milk, it's just gross. The little girl also hides while eating/sneaks food all the time. I think she must be self conscious. The Dr. did tell her she needs to eat healthier & limit the junk food. (she's overweight) The parents pre-make the lunches & leave out cereal or oatmeal for breakfast, so I don't get involved it what is served.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    She thought I couldn't see what she was doing while she was hiding behind the refrigerator door. But in the crack I saw her take the cap off the milk & drink it right out of the jug, even heard her swallowing it. She closed the door and said she was just looking for her lunch box. But I told her I saw her & heard her drink the milk . I hate being lied to, even if it is by a 10 year old that I'm watching (in her house) and most likely I won't bring it up to the parents.

What lie have you heard today?

When I was a kid, and the adults around me had ridiculous requirements, I learned to be sneaky.

What on earth is wrong with a child drinking some milk, and why does she think she needs to hide it? More interesting questions, to my POV.

she never said anything was wrong with drinking the milk, its the fact of drinking it out of the milk container, get a damn glass child
  • csimmons0914
    Options
    I was told that Alli worked wonders to help me loose wait. Now I can't stop sh*tting my brains out.

Hilarious and so true
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    She told me that she was going to the gym. Why shower and put perfume on before going? Obviously a lie.

I shower and wear cologne before going to the gym because I smell awful due to over-sweating. At least I don't smell as bad if I shower right before. I hope my wife doesn't think I'm lying. :)

But in your case it probably is a lie. :)
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just the tip.....
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options

Nothing is wrong with her drinking milk, but most people use a cup, I don't know of anyone that says sure drink that straight from the gallon. She must have thought she'd be in trouble. But It's not my gallon of milk, it's just gross. The little girl also hides while eating/sneaks food all the time. I think she must be self conscious. The Dr. did tell her she needs to eat healthier & limit the junk food. (she's overweight) The parents pre-make the lunches & leave out cereal or oatmeal for breakfast, so I don't get involved it what is served.
    [/quote]

I used to do that when I was little. Reason being because I used to spill the milk from the carton, so I was told I had to get help from an adult when I wanted milk. So, bc I was such a rebel I just drank from the carton :smokin:
  • KittahRahbet
    KittahRahbet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hate this one! Hear it all the time.

*Hit the wrong reply button. Dur. This was in response to the "women can't lift heavy without bulking up" lie.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    She told me that she was going to the gym. Why shower and put perfume on before going? Obviously a lie.

I shower and wear cologne before going to the gym because I smell awful due to over-sweating. At least I don't smell as bad if I shower right before. I hope my wife doesn't think I'm lying. :)

But in your case it probably is a lie. :)
    Ugh, cologne makes it worse.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ITS A STATE OF EMERGENCY!! .... really lady I dont care how much you plead and LIE im not giving you an expired RX get an updated exam... SMH
    lol, optical? :)

Only one to lie to me so far today is my dog. He's a pug. He tells me I haven't fed him in days. In fact, probably not even for a week. Or two. He believes he hasn't actually EVER been fed. And therefore he does not need to go out to potty. No way.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    "Be RIGHT there!" - from friend who gave me a ride to work on her way to school .. she has a problem with actually being there when she says she will be .. but she's a mom to a one year old so I have to cut her some slack. :laugh:
  • plzlbsbegone
    plzlbsbegone Posts: 233
    Options
    Me: "Did you finish your Math assignment?
    Dirtyrottenlittleliar: "Yup"

Me: "Let me check it over, I want to see if you did 35-46 right."
    Dirthrottenlittleliar: "Well, I didn't get it all done."

Me: "Thought you just said it was done. How much did you do?"
    Dirtyrottenlittleliar: " Most of it. I only have a few left"

Me: "Well, let me see."
    Dirtyrottenlittleliar: " I don't have it with me" (another lie, it's clearly in the backpack he carries around all day)

Me: "Just give me your assignment, NOW."

He finally gives up the assignment, and just as I suspected, NONE of it was done. Surprise, Surprise. Turned out the whole damn conversation was a lie, and I have at least 2 like this a day, from the same kids. You would think they would catch on, I always CHECK!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Son: I didn't do it!

Me: Then why are you covered in my bubble bath?

Son: Doggie-Dog did it (his stuffed dog).

Four year olds are fun. You want one? Slightly used.
  • sezhep
    sezhep Posts: 57
    Options
    The trainer at bootcamp tonight, whilst telling us that the kind of workout we did is best for fat burning and weight loss..
    "Not that any of you should be losing any weight"..
    Sweet, but a lie!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just the tip.....

I have told this lie before and it amazes me how often it works
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ITS A STATE OF EMERGENCY!! .... really lady I dont care how much you plead and LIE im not giving you an expired RX get an updated exam... SMH

"It's not expired! I have 3 refills see???? Stupid!" - Angry Pharmacy Patients..... I feel your pain. :laugh:

In my new profession, (real estate), I've heard zero lies today. Well, my boss blamed something completely unrelated to democrats, but opinions are lies, right? LOL!!!!!! :wink:
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Just the tip.....

Apparently no one believes this anymore...that line hasnt worked for me in years!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    "You can't get pregnant the first time" :wink:
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    He finally gives up the assignment, and just as I suspected, NONE of it was done. Surprise, Surprise. Turned out the whole damn conversation was a lie, and I have at least 2 like this a day, from the same kids. You would think they would catch on, I always CHECK!
    Haha, this reminds me of one I had with my daughter this weekend. She spent Friday night with her dad.

Me: What time did you go to bed last night?
    L: Ten.
    M: I mean, what time did you go to sleep?
    L: Ten o'clock!!
    M: I don't believe you.
    L: WAH WAH YOU ALWAYS SAY I'M LYING WAH!
    --later, at 10 o'clock--
    M: It's 10, time for bed.
    L: What? It's the weekend! Why do I have to go to bed at 10???
    M: You went to bed at 10 at your dad's and it was the weekend. If you can do it for him, you can do it for me.
    L: I went to bed at 11!
    M: You said it was 10. You SWORE it was 10.
    L: Because you would say 'No wonder you're tired' or something like that!
    M: Well, that's true. And now you lied, so I think bedtime will be a half hour early TOMORROW night too.
    L: *freaks out*

Sigh.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Real Estate.........no lies............you are kidding right ?

:)
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Real Estate.........no lies............you are kidding right ?

:)

Not from my realtors. The public? Well, they just call that justification. :noway: :smokin: