Ellipticals

Options
124»

Replies

• momtomanygirls
    momtomanygirls Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use it every time now! I go every other day to the gym and try to do it as long as i can schedule permitting.
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    treat a treadmill like an eliptical and the instructor will be on your back. mind everyone else will just see Two Cross trainers.
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    i got one it burns about half as much as the gym ones but breaks down twice as often! still i love it for a great burn and a great aid to watching tele.
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    I love the elliptical :)
    Lost 14lbs & a couple of inches just doing 20min pilates + 30-60min elliptical 5 days/week :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I was scared to death of ellipticals before about a month ago. Now I love it. It works so much more than the treadmill every did. I think it is working well but haven't really been at it long enough yet. I do know I walk much faster now and stairs don't wind me so the cardio must be improving my using it. I crank the one at the gym up on resistance as I want the heavy workout on legs.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I honestly attribute the first big part of my weight loss to the elliptical. And my loss of cellulite.... I don't really get on it anymore, though.

Now I think I'm gonna use it tomorrow!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    my weight loss is from the elliptical. I have restrictions so the elliptical is the hardest I am allowed to workout. I work out hard btw and vary my work outs. It works out your entire lower body and your core if you don't use your hands and hold your balance while working out hard.
  • stairmaster60m
    Options
    I found you get a great workout on the elliptical, about 10 cals per minute.
    I also found that if I put it at max (10 on mine) although I still get a great cal burn
    my heart rate hardly goes up -- I need to work on it for 40 mins to break into the 70%
    range but if I stay at level 5 or so I only need 20 mins to break into the 70% range. I have
    had a hard time doing interval training on it since it takes too long to adjust itself
    (like it takes 20 secs out of a 60 sec interval to reposition itself). so i think its best
    for endurance type training.
  • Jennchel
    Jennchel Posts: 16
    Options
    The elliptical is my favorite workout. I recently discovered that I can play XBox with my son while working out. Sometimes we'll be playing and I'll look down and notice that I've been cruising on the elliptical at a speed of 12 to 15 km/hr for an hour! It's awesome! Plus my son it super happy causeI've just spend an hour playing video games with him. :)
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical! I have bad knees so running/treadmill is out for me until I get into better shape. I have lost weight in the past and now using the elliptical. I do 30-45 minutes a couple times a week but I also do strength training, Pilates and boot camp other times. I like to change it up. Increasing my levels as I go definitely helps burn more calories and helps with my stamina. For example, last night every few minutes I increased my levels until I was up to level 10 and by the time I was done at 30 minutes I was beat red and dripping sweat. It is what you put into it like everything else.
  • msjta
    msjta Posts: 51
    Options
    ihave had this machine for some months now. Ive almost given up becasuse i can't seem to stay on longer than 5 minutes. Any ideas