Calorie burning Machines!!!!

Options
What are some of the big burning calorie cardio machines? I know running on a treadmill is one and i hear that the stair master is a great one too, what are some others?

Replies

• jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I think there's a mountain climber machine that torches calories...
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    <---- 6'1ish 230 ish lbs @ 11-12 ish% bf. I am a big burning calorie machine. :laugh:
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The swimming pool.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I think there's a mountain climber machine that torches calories...
    Never heard of that?
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Stairmaster is good. But with cardio, it's really the same across the board if you keep up a good pace and keep it going for a significant amount of time.

Don't trust the calories burned it displays though. Or the MFP calories burned for that matter. Get a HRM.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    The swimming pool.

^^This x100 full body exercise.
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    There's an Incline Trainer out by NordicTrack. I know about it because Jillian Michaels promotes it. It's supposed to burn 5x more calories than a regular treadmill!

http://www.inclinetrainer.com/details_x3.html

I might even buy it, but I'm focused on other fitness activities right now. You could try going to Sports Authority or a sports-related-place and try it. Doubtful it's at a gym though, it's not at mine :(
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Spinning burns a lot of calories too..
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    arc trainer!!
  • meredithashton
    meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    By far the machine I burn the most calories on is the Cybex Arc Trainer....I think that may be what people are referring to as the "mountain climber" machine. To me, it's like what would happen if the eliptical and the stairmaster had a baby. =)

Good luck!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It's more about the effort than it is the exercise. Crank up the intensity and anything can/will burn cals.

That said, something that is harder for you is generally easier to get high burns from.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    By far the machine I burn the most calories on is the Cybex Arc Trainer....I think that may be what people are referring to as the "mountain climber" machine. To me, it's like what would happen if the eliptical and the stairmaster had a baby. =)

Good luck!
    I just looked it up on google, i don't think i have ever seen that before :(
  • chantalm15
    chantalm15 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The versa climber is really tough and great for burning calories. Also the erg (rowing machine) is a great workout but its only really effective if you have a good sense of the correct technique.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There's an Incline Trainer out by NordicTrack. I know about it because Jillian Michaels promotes it. It's supposed to burn 5x more calories than a regular treadmill!

http://www.inclinetrainer.com/details_x3.html

I might even buy it, but I'm focused on other fitness activities right now. You could try going to Sports Authority or a sports-related-place and try it. Doubtful it's at a gym though, it's not at mine :(
    If you look at the small print in the commercial (if it's the one I'm thinking of), they're comparing using that machine at its full incline and at a greater speed to a treadmill at no incline at lesser speed. Yeah, you'll burn more calories, but it's not quite as simple as "just walk[ing]," as the commercial claims.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    arc trainer!!

This is my favorite!!!
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    Jacobs Ladder..
    :devil:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNpZvzwzyj5SRAXhHJao8_oamQz26f_MycKfAErM7U4ZBe6KjzFg
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    Bowflex Treadclimber!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    http://www.versaclimber.com/

awesome machine!
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    i am hoping these machines are common things at gyms.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    i am hoping these machines are common things at gyms.

Planet Fitness is cheap and has the cybex arc trainer. It's great b/c you can adjust the incline and resistance to have a super hard workout.