Cell Phone Providers....

Options
rchupka87
rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
Alright - who's the best? I currently have T-Mobile, and my contract expires in a month. Frankly, I would rather go without a phone than do business with them again. Soooooo, I need a new provider! Sprint? Verizon? ATT? Anyone?

Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    This is my area of expertise....what do u use ur Ph form what type of Ph do u wantnneed...also where do u livem big city or ruralm
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    that's a "coke vs pepsi" type question...everyone is going to have a different answer

what's your criteria

-cost
    -phones
    -signal qual
    -addons
    - etc

general in terms of service it goes .... Verizon, Att, are the top two... sprint, tmo are the bottom.. now with that said, sprint still has unl data which some people value.. some people are looking for better call qual and don't use data. etc etc etc..... you can keep going on and on but it's what important to you

once you have a list or some items that YOU value, talk to some folks around your area and see what signal issues are like.. for example for me.. I travel into DC and one of my stops is Gallery Place China Town Verizon Center... Hmmmmm guess who OWNS that area :D so things like that affect your decisions.

also, how many lines do you need, when you only need one, your options are wider (I'd pay 100 for one line, but not x4, etc)

just some things to consider
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This is my area of expertise....what do u use ur Ph form what type of Ph do u wantnneed...also where do u livem big city or ruralm

Clearly.. sent from a Smartphone.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    T-Mobile is the spawn of Satan...and I am stuck with them for another year. Sprint has decent deals from what I've heard; but if you ever need to talk to someone in customer service @ Sprint...you should just punch yourself repeatedly in the face. It will accomplish the same thing and be infinitely less painful. Verizon is too expensive for me; Cricket: refer back to the CS comment for Sprint. Really, to me, it seems like a catch-22.

The major downside for me switching to Sprint is that their phones don't use SIM cards; so the one from my T-Mobile phone would be useless in transferring info, pix, etc.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    For data network tmo is very close to VZW in big cities
  • rchupka87
    Options

I would *like* to use my phone for everything - call, text, email, web-browsing, camera, etc. I always thought I would go to the iPhone 4, but I really like my SO's HTC. I found the HTC Inspire, and now I am leaning towards that. I live in the city, in between two major cities, Cincinnati and Dayton in Ohio....

I just know I have to get away from T-Mobile.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Funny.. I love T-mobile! But I heard their coverage here in MN is better than the east cost.. so it all depends on where you live!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, always listen to people with "smart" phones.... they sound so edumacated :wink:
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I've been with US Cellular for 11 years and I love them. :smile:
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    For data network tmo is very close to VZW in big cities

I would have to disagree (for my area), my tmo signal in DC is nothing close to what I got with my verizon or att phones.. it's down right subpar imo. The HPSA+ (fake 4g) isn't close to an actual 4g network that I've seen in my area. I'm guessing it's better in yours.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I live rural and us cellular works much better than the others.... Plus I am cheap no data plans.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    AT&T & T-Mobile. I've compared them. We chose to stay with AT&T for now. But I've been with T-Mobile and would do it again if it were worth the hassle to change over. T-Mobile is excellent if you are grandfathered into one of their awesome plans. My ex has been with them for years now and loves it. He pays probably 1/4 of what someone pays at regular price.
  • rchupka87
    Options
    Funny.. I love T-mobile! But I heard their coverage here in MN is better than the east cost.. so it all depends on where you live!

Coverage isn't really even the problem - I have one spot I lose coverage in, which just happens to be in the middle of an express way with a tower within eyesight - but whatever. It's the new price on the bill every month, the horrible customer service, the lack of customer loyalty. I have been unhappy for YEARS, but keep gettting sucked back in. NOT THIS TIME.
  • inked219
    inked219 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have AT&T, their call-in customer service is AWFUL. And their plans can be a little pricey compared to some other providers. It all depends on what you want really.
  • JenaePavlak
    Options
    AT&T & T-Mobile. I've compared them. We chose to stay with AT&T for now. But I've been with T-Mobile and would do it again if it were worth the hassle to change over. T-Mobile is excellent if you are grandfathered into one of their awesome plans. My ex has been with them for years now and loves it. He pays probably 1/4 of what someone pays at regular price.

I think that's one of the main reasons I am still with t-mobile..
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ive been a sprint subscriber for over 10 years
  • JenaePavlak
    Options

Coverage isn't really even the problem - I have one spot I lose coverage in, which just happens to be in the middle of an express way with a tower within eyesight - but whatever. It's the new price on the bill every month, the horrible customer service, the lack of customer loyalty. I have been unhappy for YEARS, but keep gettting sucked back in. NOT THIS TIME.

FYI.. not all towers have all providers on them... and the dishes might not be facing your way.. kinda weird trivia that I found intersting... lol
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i've had att, sprint, and verizon. currently i'm on verizon and it's been the best so far (at least in my area & phone option wise). att & sprint had spotty coverage here and att also likes to drop calls way more than verizon. i think your best bet is either att or verizon, depending on coverage in your area. i'm pretty sure plan prices are comparable for the two..
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options

The phone might be smart but I'm not sure of the operator....
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I have been with Verizon for almost 20 years & have never had ANY problem with Verizon phones, their c/s department or any employee in their stores. Their coverage areas are huge, the packages they offer are great & they just keep getting better - at least in my eyes.