Cell Phone Providers....

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I was with too for years. Then AT&T for an iPhone (tmo with a jailbroken iPhone before that). I chose AT&T over verizon, because I travel internationally a lot. But now, the new verizon iPhones can be unlocked for international (GSM) travel. AT&T is cheaper for the iPhone, but that difference may win me over to Verizon next round.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    T-Mobile is the spawn of Satan...and I am stuck with them for another year. Sprint has decent deals from what I've heard; but if you ever need to talk to someone in customer service @ Sprint...you should just punch yourself repeatedly in the face. It will accomplish the same thing and be infinitely less painful. Verizon is too expensive for me; Cricket: refer back to the CS comment for Sprint. Really, to me, it seems like a catch-22.

The major downside for me switching to Sprint is that their phones don't use SIM cards; so the one from my T-Mobile phone would be useless in transferring info, pix, etc.

sprints customer service has changed for the better over the years actually I think rated #1 in satisfaction in the last year or so, you actually get Americans on the line not ramba camba from India. As far as SIM cards if all you care about is moving contacts and pics that easy enough via other methods ... most people miss the SIM so they can hot swap handsets.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have been with Verizon for almost 20 years & have never had ANY problem with Verizon phones, their c/s department or any employee in their stores. Their coverage areas are huge, the packages they offer are great & they just keep getting better - at least in my eyes.

^^^^This, but I am not sure what this question has to do with fitness....
  • lala11975
    lala11975 Posts: 26
    Options
    I've had Verizon forever, and love the service! If they are good in your area, I would go with them.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This is my area of expertise....what do u use ur Ph form what type of Ph do u wantnneed...also where do u livem big city or ruralm

Clearly.. sent from a Smartphone.

The phone might be smart but I'm not sure of the operator....

Enter Donkey Kong...because it is on...

www.gifsforum.com_images_gif_dis_20gon_20be_20good_grand_this_gon_b_gud_gif.gif
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Verizon has the best coverage.

However I'm uber poor right now so I am using Virgin Mobile.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have been with Verizon for almost 20 years & have never had ANY problem with Verizon phones, their c/s department or any employee in their stores. Their coverage areas are huge, the packages they offer are great & they just keep getting better - at least in my eyes.

It doesn't have anything to do with fitness. That's why it's on the "Chit-chat, fun, and Games" board.
  • MariAOK
    MariAOK Posts: 38
    Options
    I have had Sprint for 8yrs. Their customer service is iffy. Sometimes you get people who know thier stuff and other times you want to pull your hair out. The thing that keeps me with them is the All data plan. There is nothing better out there and I am lucky that service in Tampa is pretty good with them. I haev compared the plans to Verizon and ATT and they are way pricier for the same plan.
  • fatboypup
    Options

and most of us are here because of an app we got on our CELL PHONE ......

duh.gif
  • fatboypup
    Options
    Verizon has the best coverage.

However I'm uber poor right now so I am using Virgin Mobile.

which uses the Sprint network :)
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    This is my area of expertise....what do u use ur Ph form what type of Ph do u wantnneed...also where do u livem big city or ruralm

Clearly.. sent from a Smartphone.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, always listen to people with "smart" phones.... they sound so edumacated :wink:

Im driving right now too, but trust me I know...

Ill pm OP with info
  • eprissel
    eprissel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Verizon all the way.
  • ttate002
    ttate002 Posts: 54
    Options
    Alright - who's the best? I currently have T-Mobile, and my contract expires in a month. Frankly, I would rather go without a phone than do business with them again. Soooooo, I need a new provider! Sprint? Verizon? ATT? Anyone?

As far as price goes, I would go with Sprint. My sister and I share 1500 minutes per month and both have smartphones with unlimited data and text messaging. I AM constantly texting and using using the internet, so this works for me. It's about $140 a month with a previous employer's discount. It used to be a bit cheaper before they changed how they calculated the discount. I live in a large city and have good coverage everywhere except some places indoors, but at my house, job, and most stores it works just fine.
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    AT&T & T-Mobile. I've compared them. We chose to stay with AT&T for now. But I've been with T-Mobile and would do it again if it were worth the hassle to change over. T-Mobile is excellent if you are grandfathered into one of their awesome plans. My ex has been with them for years now and loves it. He pays probably 1/4 of what someone pays at regular price.

I think that's one of the main reasons I am still with t-mobile..

I've been with T-Mobile since 2005, I actually worked for one of their call centers in Overland Park KS for a while. I have never had any issues with my service and I've never had a wrong bill. I've only had to call the CS a handful of times and found them always helpful and polite. And I do have a GREAT plan with tmobile and I am currently not under contract so at this point I have no desire to make any changes lol
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,999 Member
    Options
    I have had verizon for yrs ever since we first got cell phones I love it have never had any problems
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    And here I have the winning point......

WHERE YOU WORK YOU GET 22% OFF VERIZON...

Come see me tomorrow and I'll show you :smile:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I like Tmobile so I'm not much help but otherwise I would recommend Sprint. They give a ton of options, good coverage, and you don't seem to pay as much as AT&T/Verizon.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I am an independent business owner with a company that provides Sprint, Verizon, Nextel, T-Mobile and Flash Wireless (our own prepaid cell phone company). I can offer a lot of phones at reduced rates and some of the plans are cheaper than if you were to go directly through the respective company.

My website is keisha.acndirect.com

Check it out or inbox me if you have questions. We also offer several other services including Direct TV, Dish Network, ADT, AT&T U-Verse, local and long distance (these are extremely inexpensive for residential and small businesses) and electric and power in select states, but we're still expanding in that area.