Anyone eat Coconut Oil?

Options

Replies

• megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I eat Coconut Manna and cook with Coconut Oil. Delicious and healthy! More energy in the mornings and good digestion system going on!

What's coconut manna? I love all things coconut. I love putting coconut oil in my protein smoothies!
    Coconut Manna is the "coconut meat" . I buy Nutiva Coconut Manna, sit the jar in hot water til the manna melts and stir . What happens is the coconut oil separates from the manna when stored at cool temperatures. But once melted it is creamy and delicious!

Interesting! Thanks for answering my question! :)
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I cook my scrambled eggs in it and put about 1/2 tbsp of it melted in my smoothies. I've read wonderful things about it, but I haven't tried it topically.
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I make popcorn with it and it makes them much more fluffier when you make it at home...
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i cook with it. It is the BOMB!:heart:
    South Indians use coconut in almost all their dishes.....it makes your skin SO awesome!
  • Family_Man
    Family_Man Posts: 53
    Options
    Yep, extra virgin coconut oil. I love it!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I eat coconut *butter* sometimes in place of regular butter. Coconut oil I just use for cooking purposes.
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    b
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I tried a spoonful of it once. Barf.. But it happened to be on a day I caught a stomach bug from my kids.. So literal barf... I like it as a moisturizer though :-)
  • LitheOrangeRose
    Options
    I randomly tried it in my oatmeal one day and am now addicted to it. It is SO good. I had been using a little bit of chocolate in my oatmeal but then I had to cut WAY back on my sugar for a couple of months so my oatmeal was starting to get boring again. It is so good. I haven't tried it in anything else but I'd imagine it would be good with other foods as well. I've been meaning to try it with quinoa, because plain ol' quinoa is not very tasty to me.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I cook with it instead of olive oil... It adds a very exotic taste to eggs... I don't much notice the taste as much with meat. It is very good for you!
  • denicemichele
    Options
    1 tsp with every meal. Its a good fat that helps your body to burn fat. Also use it as a moisturizer for hair and skin.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My father has a form of dementia that it's supposed to be beneficial for. My mom used to use it in all kinds of things for him, as a butter on his bread, in cooking, whatever (Dad has no sense of smell any longer, so it's hard to say what it tasted like to him). From one of her forums she got a recipe for making fudge with it... I don't remember the exact recipe, but it was coconut oil, cocoa and honey for sure, and ... it was one of the most horrific things I have ever put in my mouth, lol.

She admitted that while moving in August it had melted and resolidified before trying that recipe and maybe that had something to do with it... Or maybe it just wasn't very high quality. I am very wary of it now though, hehe.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I used it as a fat replacement in some zucchini pumpkin bread Sunday and it worked great - recipe called for a stick of butter and so instead used 1/4 cup of the melted oil with a snack cup size of lite applesauce and the whole can of pumpkin instead of just 1 cup..and the bread was super super moist, great flavor!!!
  • aj3604
    aj3604 Posts: 2
    Options
    Coconut water is supposedly more hydrating than water, but it taste awful! I use Coconut oil for cooking, i put about a tsp in my oatmeal every morning, its also good for your skin and hair.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Apparently, this is also good for things like dementia or epileptic seizures. (Know that having epilepsy myself.) I have some of the stuff myself, and it gives things a coconuty flavor, it's great in oatmeal with a little brown sugar!!! :happy:
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of butter..I love it.. I have ntoiced increased energy but not weight loss due to the coconut oil.. but anyway.. I melt it , mix it with olive oil and add butter flavor- AMAZING!!!!
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If you actually mean coconut water, it's excellent for you and very tasty. But if you mean oil, as you said, it is not at all good for you.

And here is the danger of internet nutritional advice. Luckily, it's pretty easy to spot those who have no idea what they are talking about and don't even bother to explain their opinion.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I cook my eggs in it, in my oatmeal, or soothies. I use it for cooking often period.
  • soon2bfinanfree
    Options
    My chiropractor told me about the benefits and I have been using it as often as possible. My preference is the pure Jamaican Coconut oil which maintains its coconut smell and taste making every dish an awesome one. Not easy to come by, but if you get a chance try it.:smile:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    It is also fantastic on kids chicken pox - it take the itchiness away and also the swelling.