What do you do when you are stressed?

13»

Replies

• giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    I used to turn to a cigarette. I don't anymore. Now, I run or do some yoga. Helps every single time.
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Yell at my husband. LOL. =P

Me too lol but it's more of a rant to let it out and he does the same to me :laugh:
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Really, I have sex!!! Best stress reliever around!!

Couldn't agree more with this comment lol
  • zandrellia
    zandrellia Posts: 26
    I used to internalize stress. That is, I'd just "put on a happy face" and pretend nothing happened. I stayed that way most of my life until I turned 13 and was told by a doctor that if I didn't find outlets for stress I'd probably kill myself.

He suggested I find a hobby. I try to be creative or useful when I feel very stressed now. I'll write, sew, clean, etc... anything that can get my brain or body working. However, I found that I still struggled with letting go of the stress long-term. I might feel better after my therapeutic hobby, but it was like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound and never taking out the bullet.

I had to learn how to let go of the stress for good. For me, that meant accepting that I felt something was wrong/difficult and accepting that it was okay to feel this way. It doesn't mean I'm right or even logical - it just means I'm human and it's okay to feel stressed out. I cry a lot more now than I ever did as a kid. No shame in having feelings.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    me i hate to say it, i am a emotional eater.. especially when i am bored... i know not what you wanted to hear ;)

This is me, I never show my emotions or stress but I eat my way through it. at least now its much healthier food.