longest you've gone on a treadmill in one session?

Options

Replies

• sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    About 90 minutes...hate doing long runs on the treadmill though, it's so boring to stare at the same spot for that long!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    over 2 hours, but i'll pop in a movie and run to it so i don't get bored.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    im sorry but eff a treadmill. so boring!!! probably 30 minutes, maybe 35. MAX

some have no choice when its snowing or raining!
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    our treadmills at my gym have TVs attached to them so i watch TV, it's hard for me to run outside in the summer months unless it's early early morning (and my work schedule doesn't allow this, since i finish at 3am and want to sleep) or late at night otherwise i burn like crazy and look like a lobster within 5 minutes. sunscreen or not!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    1.5 hrs
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This was on my elliptical, but however long the movie, Memoirs of a Geisha is, is how long I ran for.

It was the Thanksgiving previous to the last, back when I thought I needed to "earn" my Thanksgiving dinner. ...one of the dumbest things I used to believe about fitness. It's now a year and a half later. That one day did not change my life, lol. You live and learn.
  • lbowd2
    lbowd2 Posts: 12
    Options
    About 1hr 45min...half marathon distance. I hate treadmills but they a nice warm option on those cold winter nights.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    2.5 hours, just a couple hours ago too. Good to know I can survive running a half-marathon time without getting bored to death.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    12 miles. 2 hours and 3 minutes.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    WHEN HEALTHY I DO 50 MINS DAILY THE MOST TIME I'VE DID AT ONCE IS 75 MIN I DON'T USE HEADPHONES OR TV EITHER I JUST LET MY MIND WONDER FOR THE ENTIRE TIME ITS A GOOD RELEASE FOR ME
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    75 minutes
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    im sorry but eff a treadmill. so boring!!! probably 30 minutes, maybe 35. MAX

some have no choice when its snowing or raining!

Yep....can't run in the rain and cold here either. I fall easily and I don't like being cold and wet.
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So far I like it, at least for 30 or 45 minutes but I have to have the right, music, upbeat and funky but not crazy fast. I tried it with tv and was bored stiff, same with books. Feels like the first 10 minutes is the longest part.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    treadmills are SO boring to me, and I don't burn enough calories on them! I'd say the longest is about 30 minutes.
    Ellipticals are another story! I've occasionally gone 90+ minutes on the elliptical!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    what have you learned?
    To use diet to lose fat instead of beating myself to death
    I see. Well, I'm gonna try for 2 hours today and see how it goes. Normally I do 30 minutes but I just set a new goal today so I'm motivated.

I find doing intervals makes it less boring, but I try to get outside when I can. This time of year is hard to go outside because if it's not raining the pollen is so bad I have to take an allergy pill afterwards but when I have to do the treadmill I will do intervals to shake it up and stay on longer without getting too bored.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Longest 90 minutes.

I do 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week, and have been doing that for a year now. Watched a lot of downloaded TV shows...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    eh, 30 or 40 minutes, but recently only 15-20minutes, most 25. i got into more strength training so it's more for a warm up
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I can stay on for an hour.... and then I'm bored. today I did 40 minutes.
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh my you guys do alot, my longest have been 9 straight mins in 5Mph lol..oka okay, thats my first week record anyways...but I can't imagine, really, run for sooo long non-stop :0...I'll see I guess.
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    45 minutes at 6.7 miles an hour.
    I get so bored. I find that when I am running at a quickish pace I cant watch tv, or even listen to music. I am so focused on balance,keeping my core tight, and trying to breath and not get tired that I just dont watch/cant focus on anything but my running. Also titling my head down to watch the screens which are built into the treadmill is really bad for my posture when running (SUCH a stupid design...wish they were mounted on a wall or something!)
    hmneh, so i just deal with the boredom... but i wish it wasnt so boring......