I ran my first 5K!!!

Options

Replies

• Njenva
    Njenva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I can't wait to experience the feeling you have right now! Wow.
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The C25K is awesome! I never thought that I would be able to run a mile, much less a 5k. I walked/ran my first one in March right after I started the C25K program, on May 5th I ran my second one in just under 38 minutes. I was so excited! Now I am just working on getting a little faster. My goal is to run one in under 30 minutes.
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! I run my 1st 5K this weekend (color run Racine, WI). Wish me good luck!

Good Luck!! A little piece of advice, don't try to keep up to the 10 yr old kids (...or the 90 yr old) who zoom past, it's not about them, it's about YOU. That was my biggest ah-ha moment :)
  • meluc
    Options
    hey, good job. i was introduced to this site by my gym teacher shortly after i decided to start jogging. big lungs run in my family and i found, despite not really doing any exercise before i started, i could run 4km right away with little effort. im almost done my fifth week and ive lost 21 pounds and can run 14km without stopping at a good pace. im a fit guy now and im really satisfied.

That is awesome!! Look at you go!!
  • meluc
    Options
    That is awesome - congrats! I finished c25k in March, but my first race is in about 10 days - I get nervous when I think about it, and it's not even a really 'serious' race. But it will be my first in a crowd, so I'm excited about the whole experience.

In my opinion, every race is "serious" when you have to run it. You will do great. The energy that is there is incredible and the feeling of crossing that finish line is awesome!!
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome - so happy for you.

I run my first 5k in June and also get nervous when I think about it .

Super achievement and great programme x
  • meluc
    Options
    That's inspiring! I walked (fast) my first 5K in April and I'm doing another one in June - I wanted to lose more weight before I started the C25K, but now I think maybe I'll just try it!!

Congratualtions and thank you for sharing!

Congrats on completing you first 5K and keeping it up! That's awesome!!

I know what you mean about trying to lose more weight before starting a new work out program, I felt the same way. I'm 13 lbs away from my goal weight and did not feel I could run, but I thought that maybe that was the exact "shake up" my body needed to get rid of this weight. I'm so glad I started! Every day I tell myself "All you have to do is put 1 foot in front of the other".

Good luck!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!

C25K is awesome!! I'm only just starting week 4 however, I went for a run yesterday without using my app, I just wanted to run. I ended up running approx 2k. I was totally shocked! It's amazing how fast you progress :-)
  • codieelise
    codieelise Posts: 13
    Options
    whats the c25k programme?
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    well done!! I'm doing the C25K program as well - can't wait til my first 5K race!
  • Oilfanchick
    Oilfanchick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Way to go! A couple weeks ago I ran my first 10K and felt the exact same way! But I couldn't stop smiling through the whole thing! It was great!
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Awesome! :drinker:
  • nspink
    nspink Posts: 65
    Options
    meeee too! I just ran my first 5K this past Saturday! I am looking forward for the next one.....
  • shoegal517
    shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! My first one is June 15th and I know I'm going to burst into tears after I cross the finish line so I totally relate... I always thought it was something I couldn't do and I'm doing it! On week 7 myself.... GREAT JOB!!! :)
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I weigh just under 300 pounds and I'm able to do the C25K program. I'm at the end of Week 3 (my progress is slow because I'm having allergy/blister problems on my feet) but I have been able to complete every step without fail. I have been thoroughly amazed after I read what the goal is for the day and shocked that I can actually do it. It's hard work and I have to pep talk myself to keep going, but it really works!

I can't wait to run in my first 5K but since I live in Phoenix, AZ, the weather is NOT going to be my friend for several months. So I'll be hitting the treadmill instead for a while.

By the way: to the original poster: GREAT JOB! I can't wait to be in your shoes! :D
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    oops
  • codieelise
    codieelise Posts: 13
    Options
    how do i get the programme?
  • meluc
    Options
    whats the c25k programme?

I use this App on my I-phone called "Couch to 5K" and it tells you when to walk, when to run and the music I have on my phone plays when the voice doesn't talk to tell me what to do. You don't have to have a top watch or worry about time, the App tells you what to do and when. I highly recommend it!
  • meluc
    Options
    Awesome!!! My first one is June 15th and I know I'm going to burst into tears after I cross the finish line so I totally relate... I always thought it was something I couldn't do and I'm doing it! On week 7 myself.... GREAT JOB!!! :)

I'm so excited for you!! I also never thought I could run, let alone complete a 5K. What a great feeling of accomplishment for you! You are a RUNNER! WTG!
  • meluc
    Options
    I weigh just under 300 pounds and I'm able to do the C25K program. I'm at the end of Week 3 (my progress is slow because I'm having allergy/blister problems on my feet) but I have been able to complete every step without fail. I have been thoroughly amazed after I read what the goal is for the day and shocked that I can actually do it. It's hard work and I have to pep talk myself to keep going, but it really works!

I can't wait to run in my first 5K but since I live in Phoenix, AZ, the weather is NOT going to be my friend for several months. So I'll be hitting the treadmill instead for a while.

By the way: to the original poster: GREAT JOB! I can't wait to be in your shoes! :D

Congrats on keeping up witht he program!! I can't imagine running in the heat you have in Phoenix! The weather here is typically much cooler. Mornings/evenings are significantly cooler and makes it easier to run outside, but I also run on the treadmill at my work gym when too warm or too cold outside.

Tip for blisters: I bought running socks from Lulumlemon (total splurge at $16/pair), but since I wear those socks, I no longer have blisters!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!