Scale Number Differences Day and Night

Options
124»

Replies

• BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is concerned about becoming obsessed with their scale should throw their scale away and use the one at their local gym. Surely that scale is more accurate, and of course you aren't going to make a special trip to the gym just to weigh yourself: you're gonna work out too.

I go to the gym in the evening. so I weigh in the evening. Is there a difference in what I weigh at 7PM vs. what I weigh at 6AM? Probably. But my weight at 7PM means more to me, since evenings are when I do my impressing.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning and only record changes in the downward direction...that's it.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is concerned about becoming obsessed with their scale should throw their scale away and use the one at their local gym. Surely that scale is more accurate, and of course you aren't going to make a special trip to the gym just to weigh yourself: you're gonna work out too.

I go to the gym in the evening. so I weigh in the evening. Is there a difference in what I weigh at 7PM vs. what I weigh at 6AM? Probably. But my weight at 7PM means more to me, since evenings are when I do my impressing.

I don't go to a gym, so everything I do is at home. Home scale, home work outs ect.
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristin! So I completely understand what you are going through, I am a scale freak too. I weigh myself sometime 4 times a day. I don't know why, I think it was how my mom was too, it is hard to change something like that.
    But as far as what weight to record, personally for me, if I step on that scale and I am less than the lowest I have seen, I record that baby! For me it helps mentally, even if it just 2 ounces! I know as well that I shouldn't be that way but easier said than done.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Hey Kristin! So I completely understand what you are going through, I am a scale freak too. I weigh myself sometime 4 times a day. I don't know why, I think it was how my mom was too, it is hard to change something like that.
    But as far as what weight to record, personally for me, if I step on that scale and I am less than the lowest I have seen, I record that baby! For me it helps mentally, even if it just 2 ounces! I know as well that I shouldn't be that way but easier said than done.

SO much easier said than done is right!! lol.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    You guys would be so proud!! I didn't weigh myself last night or this morning!!! lol.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    It's killing me though!! It stares at me... it's asking why I don' love it anymore.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It's killing me though!! It stares at me... it's asking why I don' love it anymore.
    i love it. i try to get on once a week because i get depressed if it hasnt moved.
  • jojocodo
    jojocodo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Excellent answer. I second the opinion.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Recording in the morning is best because everything you ate the day before is finally digested so that is why you will weigh more at night because your body is still burning those calories
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh my self many times a day every day then my battery on my scale died and the only major store that carries them in my area where out of them for over a month and I just never got around to replacing it until 4months later lol but wow I felt wonderful when I did finaly see the Larger loss. I now only peek at my weight about once every other week if that and Its so much nicer
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Yes. I decided only on Sundays!!!! Well, i might cheat and do wednesdays too. BUT I am trying to aim for JUST Sundays!