I am the girl I used to HATE

Options
LemonBurns
LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
I was out shopping for some clothes yesterday - 'cause NOTHING fits me! So here I am in a store i haven't been in, in AGES cause it's trendy, and up until a little while ago nothing would've fit me... I really have no idea what size I am these days, every store says something different - so I picked up a bunch of size 5's (thinking they would NOT fit and they would be too small - I am SOoOoOo not used to this body) I put some on, and none of them fit... so I open the door and say to the sales lady that I need a smaller size and the girl YELLS across the store, "Can I get these in a size 3/4?" OMG'osh - seriously? I used to be the girl in the change room next door to one like this PISSED and completely jealous that the size 5 didn't fit THAT girl and she needed a smaller size!

Oh what'ta Happy Day for me... I am going to post before and after pics of Saturday - it's my birthday AND exactly a year since I started taking my life back! Stay tuned ;)

Replies

• meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love being that girl! I can't wait till I start shopping for size 6 again!!
  • Bukeroo
    Bukeroo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Must feel great reaching your goal! And by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ love it!! I can't wait to be THAT girl!!!! :happy:
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!! Saturday is my birthday too!!!

Any tips/advice? Im just starting out, and feeling discouraged, How did you do it and how long did it take you?
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on seeing all of your hard work paying off in a very tangible way! Can't wait to see your pix!
  • caseycole1
    caseycole1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV!! Happy Birthday and keep up the awesome work!
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    YAY! You're awesome!!

We all try to tell ourselves it's not about a number on a scale, or the number in the tag in the back of those pants...but when you can pull on a size 3/4--whoohoo!!! take THAT girl you used to hate! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You rock! wtg! What an exciting feeling!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV. Hopefully that can be me someday :)
  • S_Moseley
    S_Moseley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So great!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I love being that girl! I can't wait till I start shopping for size 6 again!!

me too! but for the first time. i feel like i've always been an 8 (and a 10...)

as for juniors sizing, i feel like i've always been between a 9-13. never below!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    so exciting!! Congrats!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    being that girl totally ROCKS!!!!
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am smiling for you. Great job and be that girl!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Now that's and AWESOME NSV
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling!!! I hate you and I’m not even a girl ;-) That’s an awesome NSV! Early happy birthday to you!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    congrats, that's awesome :)

makin all the girls jealous.
  • tytbone
    tytbone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nice!

(Slightly on-topic: When I slim down, I don't want to become a completely shallow (pardon the expression) d-bag that looks down on others just because they aren't in shape, etc. I want to find that balance between admitting looks matter to a degree but also recognizing the importance of treating everyone -especially overweight people w/ low self-esteem - w/ dignity.)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    woohoo.. congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!