Divorce

Options
124»

Replies

• PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    When I divorced my ex (which I left 10 years ago back in April), I took a year to just figure my own *kitten* out. My ex used to be a great dad, wonderful husband...and then we separated and he never wanted to see/talk to them. Granted I did leave the state, but tried to make arrangements for him to see them.

Looong story on that, but the bottom line is he didn't want to see them bad enough. My family and his family both offered to buy plane tickets for him to come out, but every time he had another excuse.

*kitten* that noise. His loss.

Make your own little routines, every Friday (and we still do this) is Pizza night. I'd either order a pizza or pick up a couple frozen pizzas and the three of us (my son, my daughter & I) would have pizza and movie night. Do you know how many times the three of us fell asleep on the couch on Friday nights? LOL

You don't have to spend a ton of money either - just simple stuff they appreciate soooo much.

Yea, it was hard as a single mom but it was soooo worth it. I'm with a great guy now. He loves my kids, he loves our boring little life and my annoying *kitten* dogs. LOL
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a separation as well, and the most important thing I can tell you is the following:

Don't let ANYONE take the good that you have in you. No matter what happens, how hard things get or how ugly, be true to yourself and remain professional and civil at all times! It's difficult, trust me, but you will come out of this a better and stronger person for having taken the high road.

Much love girl :)

This! When I divorced 2-3 years ago, it was awful (didn't have children, but an ex who acted like a kid). I takes a long time, lots of ups and downs but in the end it's worth it. Keep your head high and stay strong :) It took me a good year to figure my life out after and at least 2 years to be mentally stronger (he was verbally abusive).

((Hugs)) and positive vibes