Tattoo Question!!

DawnVanSlim
DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,468 Member
If you really wanted to get a certain tattoo, I mean... you loved it and it had meaning… But your S/O doesn’t like it and told you it would make you “less attractive”… Would you still get it? OR Would you take your S/O’s feelings in account and not get it?

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,345 Member
    LMFAO.

Guess what...

ITS YOUR BODY.

If your s/o loves you then they will love you no matter what type of ink YOU decide to put on your body.

Been with my s/o for over 7 years.

60% of the tattoos on my body he DONT like but guess what... Its more about emotion then it is physical.

Thats just my opinion.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Depends on how much the tat and the S/O means to you
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    it is your body, your life, and beliefs. if it has meaning and you have thought it through i say go for it
  • DEBAUD
    DEBAUD Posts: 22 Member
    I got mine and he loves it now. Think it was just the idea of me changing something about myself.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    I would still get it.

I do a lot of things that I like that my S/O might not like. She hates when I have facial hair or when I shave my head, but I do both because that's what I like to do. And she gets over it.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    That's petty of the s/o to base your attractiveness on a tattoo.

It's your body.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    A tattoo is for YOU, and you are the one who has to live with it. It's permanent. You should be thinking about what it means to you and if you want it. I personally have a 12" dragon tattoo that covers half my torso, and a couple others. And when I made the decision to get them, no one else's opinions mattered but my own.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    I'm one who has over 80 hours of ink in my skin.

YES, it is my body, but when I'm planning to be with someone long term I take what they think into consideration.

Maybe ask them what they would like to see you get as a tattoo (rather than NOT getting one)... talk about it and possibly bring it back around to the one you chose being the best option. ;)
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    I would get the tattoo. S/O's can come and go, but ink is forever. At least it is for me. Getting a tattoo is extremely personal and the only opinion that matters is yours. Good luck!
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    It's your body, and your decision what you do with/to it......... :wink:
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    I think it depends on how much of a S/O it is. If it is your spouse then, NO! When you're married your body doesn't just belong to you anymore so any kind of decision like that you should both agree on.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    I'm not a fan of S/O's who get to control what you do with your own body. If your S/O says "I'm not a fan, but you can do what you want", that's one thing - but if the message is: "I'm going to leave you and/or berate you forever if you do this", that's another thing altogether.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    My man hates tattoos but I always ask him his opinion when I come up with a new idea and I do take his thoughts into account.

He recently told me he loves the one I do have because it's part of me (plus he can identify me in pictures without my face... :wink: )
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,552 Member
    My husband told me that no wife of his would ever get a tattoo. I have a tattoo but I am not his wife anymore.

No one tells me what I can or can't do with my body.

(Of course, there were other problems that caused the divorce but he didn't like the tattoo.)
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    you can always find another S/O that digs tattoos. lol.

i have 7 tattoos - all of which i had when i met my insignificant other 6 years ago. he didn't mind them then, but every time we have a completely unrelated argument, he brings them up and says they make me look like a dude. LMFAO! i don't have skulls, guns, drugs, or anything "manly". i have butterflies, fairies, stars, and hearts. but i just laugh at him. my tattoos are here to stay. he, on the other hand, can hit the road!
  • melissa_leah
    melissa_leah Posts: 107
    That's a hard one because I do think it's your body and you should do whatever you want... but honestly if my boyfriend did something that he knew I didn't like, it would upset me.... so I don't know I think it depends on the person. He might get over it, or it might hurt his feelings that you didn't care about his opinion
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    not his business, it is your body and your decision
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    I'm so rebellious and my husband tells me all the time b/c I never listen to him when it comes down to things like that. He doesn’t have a problem with my tattoos but he didn’t want me to get my nose ring and I got it, he didn’t want me to cut my hair but its cut. Its my body I do what I want! Lol
    NOW you may be different I don’t want to cause issues in your household. My husband just shakes his head and laughs it off, your s/o might not do that.
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    It's your body. I would still get it if I knew it's what I wanted.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    I could give 2 sh!ts if my husband didn't like a tattoo I really wanted. I might take into account if he thought it was ugly, and I valued his opinion/taste, but my husband and I don't necessarily have the same taste. I would never expect him to change his mind about a tattoo he wanted just because I didn't like it. He just got a haircut this weekend that I really don't like, he loves it… what ya gonna do?